FP priority

Is there a list of FP rides listed in order of priority to get passes for DL and DCA? A general reference on which rides will run out of FP first?

I downloaded the Disneyland app and will monitor it to see the patterns. It will depend on the time of year, so about a week or two before or on days I think will be similar to the days we are there.

Not scientific, but when we were in DCA last week Radiator Springs Racers and Toy Story Midway Mania were the two attractiongs that ran out of FP first.

Under normal circumstances, RSR is usually the first between the two parks. Last summer before my Birthday trip, I was keeping tabs on when the the “after dark” fp were out so I could make sure and grab one. RSR is a very different experience after dark and if you can do both day and night rides on it, I highly recommend it!

2 Likes

RSR and Toy Story, definitely. Space Mountain usually runs out at some point as well. Other than that, it’s really just a matter of watching the return times so you can plan your day. The app and MaxPass make this very easy. Have fun! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions! I’m gradually settling into the idea of not having a true TP, and just letting the day happen. We’re used to WDW so it’s kind of weird but I think it will be a nice change. My “plan” is to hit our favorites, DL unique rides, and follow the max pass. Any shows not to miss? The Frozen show sounds good but also seems like a big commitment of time.

Frozen’s good, and it’s actually a nice break in the middle of the day, especially when it’s hot out. Mickey and the Magical Map is also…magical :smiley: I love the Laughing Stock Co at the Golden Horseshoe as well–again, a good break on a hot day while you eat ice cream and watch a show.

One thing worth mentioning is that if you plan on doing Fantasmic! and/or World of Color (both VERY worth it IMHO), you should consider dining and dessert packages. It’s the best way to get good seats for both shows, although WoC seats are a bit easier to come by with just plain old FastPass. If you don’t do the packages, you’ll want to pull those FP early in the day to make sure you get them (they run out some time in the morning). They aren’t connected to any other FP or MP, so you won’t need to worry about timing that with your other MP.

It is a very big commitment and this is the biggest reason we, as a Frozen-loving family with all of us (mom, dad, 3 kids still loving Let It Go 5 years later), don’t typically see it on a 3 day trip. If you have 4 or 5 days it is worth fitting in.

As for others, we love Micky & the Magical Map and I personally love the Storytelling at the Royal Theater.

We really like the Golden Horseshoe, it is a nice break with A/C and ice cream! The Royal Theater is funny and we love the Mickey & the Magical Map.

1 Like

The Royal Theatre is funny and not a big time commitment. For FP also pay attention to rides like Soarin and Star Tours that can go fast if a theatre is down.

I highly recommend RSR at night. I am meh on the ride during the day (not the usual opinion) but love it at night.

Finally, I would recommend doing your 1st day at DL and consider not park hopping that day until you get comfortable with the park and MP. Then on day 2 start at DCA and decide if you want to hop as the day goes on. Then day 3 mix it up for a greatest hits day!

1 Like