FP+ Modification Question

So I was replying to another thread, when I thought of something for my own trip in November. A quick breakdown:

On our November trip, we are going to HS for 1 day. I have a lightsaber build at 9:30am and a droid build at 11:05am. We also need to try Smuggler’s run and the park opens at 9am. I am hoping maybe that will switch to 8am, but I’m not holding my breath. Assuming 9, I won’t even be able to get in line for SR until around 11:30 at the earliest. Because of this, I made my FP+ late in the day. There was no SDD, so I asked my kids what the priority was and they wanted RRC. So, I scheduled my FP+ as follows:

RRC: 1:40-2:40
Indiana Jones: 2:45-3:45 (3:15 show)
Star Tours: 4:15-5:15

We do have an 8pm dinner reservation at O’hana, so I would like to leave by around 6 to give us time to go to the room briefly before dinner.

The thing I feel I messed up is I should have put Star Tours first and RRC second. The reason is Star Tours is closer to Galaxy’s Edge and RRC closer to the entrance. We will have to go from GE to RRC to IJ to ST to possibly the exit after ST. I have been trying to modify ST and RRC to try to “switch” them, but no times show up for either in the time-frame that my current FP+ selections are. Are there just not times available, or does disney not show you available times when you have another FP+ already? I was hoping to see what was available before dropping and trying to switch.

Does this make sense?

Yes, this is why you cannot see those times (even if those times are otherwise available). I do not know if there is a work-around. Hopefully others will chime in.

1 Like

Unfortunately to “switch” them you’ll have to cancel your current FPP. You can’t access additional FPPs for attractions you already have scheduled.

I’d advise looking at Touring Plans FPP Availability list or The Dibb to make sure there are times available for the FPPs you want before cancelling.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

Perhaps just ride ST on standby before your 9:30 build? I would think the line would be quite short at open.

To answer your question: I found that when modifying an existing FPP, I often had to click on it to view more available times (it didn’t always show the full list of available times). You are in fact able to book an overlapping time, but doing so will force you to cancel the other one. If you really want to switch them, I would reschedule RCC to the new time, then try to reschedule ST to the new desired time - but it will be a new FPP at this point, not a reschedule.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck!

Thanks. I didn’t even know about the touring plan one. It shows availability when I want to switch, but the last update was almost 22 hours ago. I don’t want to risk losing one trying to switch. I think I’ll just go with it. I don’t really care about losing ST, but I don’t want to lose RRC. Again, it’s not a big deal, would just save some needless cross park walking :slight_smile:

1 Like

To answer your question: I found that when modifying an existing FPP, I often had to click on it to view more available times (it didn’t always show the full list of available times). You are in fact able to book an overlapping time, but doing so will force you to cancel the other one. If you really want to switch them, I would reschedule RCC to the new time, then try to reschedule ST to the new desired time - but it will be a new FPP at this point, not a reschedule.

That was my hope that I could choose RRC at a different time and have ST cancel. Either there are no times available during that period or it won’t let me because it won’t let me select one I already have. I was hoping to choose RRC around 4:15 and then have it tell me “this will cancel your ST FP at 4:15”. I would be ok with that. It’s all good. Thanks for the reply!

Just checking, but when you are attempting to make the switch, are you going in to modify your existing RRC? It sounds like you have one tier 1, one tier 2. In my experience, the system will show you tier 2 FPPs, but it won’t show you any tier 1 FPP unless you are trying to modify the tier 1.

I was just going to say that: click on the existing FPP, choose “modify” and then click on it again to “choose a new time” - even if the three times offered are not in the desired timeframe. Then click on the times (scroll left/right) to display more available times. If you see the time you want, select it, and it will force you to cancel your existing ST FPP due to the conflict.

1 Like

Just checking, but when you are attempting to make the switch, are you going in to modify your existing RRC? It sounds like you have one tier 1, one tier 2. In my experience, the system will show you tier 2 FPPs, but it won’t show you any tier 1 FPP unless you are trying to modify the tier 1.

Yes, If I click RRC and choose modify, it only shows me times before my current time 1:40 and after my last FPP time 5:15. Nothing in between, even though TP’s FP+ page is showing that other times in between were available.

I do “Modify” then select all party members. It then shows me 3 times prior to my existing FPP+. I then click “View Details and More Times”, but the first time available is 5:15 (the end of my ST time). However, according to the TP FP+, there is 3:50, 4:15, 4:30 available, but it’s not letting me see those because of my ST FPP+. Unless I am missing something I would need to cancel my ST one to then have other RRC times open up to me.

You’re correct.

When using MODIFY, it won’t show you times that conflict with existing FP slots you have booked.

Can you modify ST to a different time, to open up one of the slots for RnR that is available? Although that is risky too, as you may find that time isn’t available when you go to modify it.

1 Like

Can you modify ST to a different time, to open up one of the slots for RnR that is available? Although that is risky too, as you may find that time isn’t available when you go to modify it.

I’m going to just leave it as is. If the Touring Plan FP+ is accurate, the only ST around the time of my RRC FP is like 20 minutes earlier than what I have. I like the later time I have now because it will give me more time to wait for Smuggler’s Run since I won’t be able to do that until around 11:30 due to my other GE reservations.

thank you all for the input!

The other thing to know about the TP tool is that it shows availability for 1 person. There may or may not be availability for your party size.

1 Like