FP for FOP at AK is insane!

We’re not staying on site, either, and my current hope is that the TSL opening pulls some rope-droppers away from AK so there aren’t so many people wanting to ride FoP when we’re there! I check fast passes at 2 pm (we’re 7 hours ahead of EST) and there are never any available, and even people who check at 60 days don’t always get them. I think your (and our) best bet is to keep checking and/or modifying to see if others have dropped them when park hours change and/or EMH are added so people change their plans. If we can’t get them hubby and I will be showing up early for RD and leaving the kids with the grandparents to meet us at a more reasonable hour. =) Good luck!

I read something about there being a FP drop of FOP on the day, it usualy happens at 11:07, but if they do it, it’s at 07 or 37 past the hour. I would assume you won’t have one, so plan your AK day on a non EMH morning and be there 90 mins early

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I’m also wondering in your opinion, is the queue a better experience during the day or night?

A good portion of it is indoors so I don’t think it matters. The outside portion is beautiful both day and night. And some of the outside parts you can see without being in the queue. We have waited both at night and during the day. We actually went at RD but had arrived only 75 minutes before park opening so there were enough people in front of us that we experienced the entire queue and not the FP queue. We also jumped in line just before park closing at night.

Only 75 minutes? :roll_eyes: Slacker. :joy:

1 Like

IKR. I thought I was so prepared.

1 Like

Just to give you a little hope - I AM staying on property but it is through a third party conference reservation and I don’t have a reservation number yet to input into MDE so I am stuck with 30 day FPP. My 30 day was today, I clicked at 7 and there were FPP for FoP available!!! They are evening, as I was going to rd FoP, I have to re-do my whole plan as we want to do HS that day too, which is fine, but yay!

1 Like

It isn’t much of a long shot to keep trying for an FoP fastpass long after the window opens. I got up at 6am EST (4am MST for me) at T-60 and was able to snag an FoP FPP for day 6 of a trip, but it was for later in the day. Several months later other parts of the trip evolved that took us out of the park after the FPP time. I just set up a regimen to check for an earlier FPP several times during the day and after 4-5 days was able to gradually snag earlier ones until I got a 10am one which was perfect. Kind of like polling for ADRs!

will

1 Like

Just found this thread-what a great idea! I’m going to do the same!

My check in date is July 24, but my FP date doesn’t start until 5/25. I am confused, why is that? isn’t 5/24 the 60 days?

No if you count back, it’s definitely 25th.

Math if we assume the 25th: 31 days in May minus 25 is 6. 30 days in June gets us to 36 (30 + 6) and July 24 is another 24 to net 60 (6 days in May + 30 in June + 24 in July).

25th checks out as right to me due to the 31 days in May…

thanks all. =)

What type of day was this at AK? Just wondering how that impacts pre-park arrival time (your example shows 8:00 for 9:00 park opening, or does it need to be earlier if it’s a 8+ day). Thx!

I don’t use maths :joy: I just count back 8 weeks/56 days on a calendar and then another 4 days.

2 Likes

Showing my counting on the calendar would have required way too many pictures though! :sunglasses:

1 Like

You just need to remember which months have 30 days, count back two months and add on a day or two.

But it’s easy to think that 60 days is 2 months and 180 days is 6 months. Actually DVC bookings do work like that, it’s 7 and 11 months, based on the day part.

Haha!

I can work it out, but I always like to check on a calendar so may as well cut out the middle part.

Not sure what the CL was in the video. I doubt the CL matters when showing up an hour early.

Of course, this summer it means you be showing up at 7 a.m. since there are morning EMH everyday! That’s asssuming you are staying on property.