FP+ Am I the only one?

I’m seeing the option to pick Fast Passes for my upcoming July trip. I click the button but nothing happens unfortunately. I keep hitting the darn button every time I see it. I’m obsessed. Praying this option will come back for July. We haven’t been back to WDW in 8 years. I can’t imagine life without the FP. Has anyone heard any news about it?

4 Likes

That keeps happening here and there for people. It suggests that some kind of work is happening in the background and of caul rams through. No word on a return date of what it will look like when/if it does.

3 Likes

I agree with @OBNurseNH. There have been reports of this happening on and off for people since about November.

That said reports do seem to be more frequent.

For those wondering if it’s coming back / what might replace it, I’m hearing that the replacement was being tested “in plain sight” prior to the parks closure. And that they have apparently finally decided on it’s format.

If that’s the case, maybe the more frequent reports mean they are gearing up for the return of a fastpass system.

3 Likes

I can’t decide if I am want them to come back or not. Although I do like the idea of virtual queues if they are less complicated than ROTR.

2 Likes

They use a virtual que at the Disney outlet store. You walk up give your name and ph number and they text you when you can go in. You have 15 min to get back to the store after the text. I bet they could do something easier using the MDE app.

4 Likes

For sure they could. MaxPass for the win. :wink:

3 Likes

That’s a no from me. We’re not early risers on vacation and I’d like a shot at riding the headliners.

I remember the first visit with our boys when we arrived at Epcot around 10:30am and the return time for Soarin was already after 7pm. Imagine what it would be for FoP, Tron or MMRR. No thanks.

Whatever they use though, some will be happy, others won’t. Just like FP+

6 Likes

So true!

I’m in the “every minute you sleep on vacation is a waste!” camp, but I’m not the norm.

I’d rather none come back than the most recent kind.

6 Likes

My problem with the current system is I know I can get more after the initial 3 so I end up spending more time on my phone than I’d like securing more FPs. I’d prefer it be the initial 3 only and I can keep my phone in my bag. A big part of vacation for me is from my phone/work. I know I could just put it away, but knowing I can get more FPs and not use them is just plain wrong. I need to reduce waiting as much as possible :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would much rather have MaxPass at WDW than go back to FP. I think MP is more equitable.

5 Likes

So you prefer no FP? Or limits?

Agreed, I far prefer MaxPass over the WDW FastPass system. It definitely levels the playing field and doesn’t require thinking through what rides you want to hit first months ahead of time!

3 Likes

Yes This!

2 Likes

I definitely will miss fp on my next trip. I love being able to guarantee 3 attractions with minimal waits each day without having to be at the park earlier than I wake up on an average work day.

I did not enjoy maxpass at DL. I still felt like you had to be in the park early to take the most advantage of it and then having to keep checking your phone every hour to book a new one and hoping they had decent return times. Also no ability to modify only cancel and wait out the remainder of your time til you book another one. No thank you!

6 Likes

It was more like original FP, not FP+.

I would strongly miss FPP if it doesn’t come back.

4 Likes

I’d be fine with none.

3 Likes

I feel like I was weird when I said I’m not crazy about the idea of FastPass +. I will do whatever the Unofficial Guide tells me to do, so if it comes back online before I go for my September trip, I’ll try very hard to figure out how to get a FastPass +. But right now it doesn’t appeal to me. I just want to rope drop, follow the touring plan, and get some hot dogs at Casey’s Corner. (It’s my husband’s favorite counter service place ever, and I can’t explain it. But he loves it. So Casey’s, it is.)

Anyway, me, too. :smiley:

4 Likes

I would love for Casey’s to open before my trip…

3 Likes

I didn’t like that either :joy: