Four non-park days, what would you do?

We have been to Disney 9 times in the last three years, and so when our APs came up for renewal we decided to try something different and not renew this year (we do have a Disney cruise booked for June to keep Disney going).

My husband has a conference in February at the Orlando Grand Lakes Ritz Carlton. We are going with him and would love suggestions of some things to do that don’t involve going into the parks.

So far I’m thinking we can finally try the Fort Wilderness Chip and Dale Campfire sing along one of the nights.

We are also going to Seaworld one day and will probably go to Downtown Disney as well.

I’d love other suggestions of non-park things!!! Can be Disney, just not parks :smile:

THANKS!!!

Tour resorts that you’ve never been to.

Go to AKL and watch the animals from the public viewing areas.

If you’ve never been to Busch Gardens in Tampa, it is WELL WORTH the drive to check it out.

Have you considered Universal?

You can still eat at any of the resort restaurants - and the “best” restaurants in WDW are really at the resorts.

1 Like

There is plenty to do in Orlando that isn’t Disney. Try Outlet malls, or Pointe Orlando. I-Drive has tons of fun roadside attractions to check out. Watch and Dine at the DTD AMC theater could be fun and something most don’t take time out of their Disney vacations to try. Splitsville for bowling. Book a dinner at HDDR if you’ve never tried that before. You could do the early show and then still have time to check out the campfire after.

3 Likes

THANKS!!!

I love the Splitsville and AMC theater idea!! And we’ll probably eat at a resort too… hmmm, decisions decisions!! I guess we are in the 180 day window so I better decide soon :slight_smile:

We’ve thought about Universal, but we’ve thought about doing Universal sometime and stay at a Universal resort.

1 Like

Hoop de doo revue? La Nouba?

1 Like

I think this would be a fun thing to do for dinner on a non park day.

4 Likes

Hi @LisaTN! Hope you are DD are doing well!!! I have no suggestions beyond those above – but just wanted to wave hello!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about UOR?

1 Like

Yehaa Bob at POR. I’ve heard great reviews and we’re checking it out next week!

2 Likes

Just so you can plan, Yehaa Bob put on his FB page today that he’s on vacation until Nov. 13. Hope that doesn’t throw a wrench in your plans!

3 Likes

Fortunately, we’re planning on seeing him on nov 14th! Phew! Thank you for letting me know!

3 Likes

Thanks for all the great advice!!! Lots to do without going to the parks!!!

Hello @Bsquared - waving back!!!

3 Likes