FOTLK timing post-Covid

Wondering if anyone who has done it since it reopened can confirm how far in advance of a show one should get in queue. Please and thanks. On this cold and rainy day I am working on finalizing my TPs.

3 Likes

I need to know this as well! We may try to watch Wednesday if the wait isn’t too long.

4 Likes

Watching this as well. Very excited to see this coming back in time for our trip in a couple weeks.

4 Likes

On Sunday, May 16, possibly the first day that wasn’t a soft opening, we got in line about 12:45 and we were told that the 1:30 show was full and that we were in line for the 2:30 show. We stayed in line and ended up being The Last group (a group of 6) admitted to the 1:30 show. We were seated in the very top row.
My granddaughters aged 5 and 2 were enthralled. I was crying.

4 Likes

Holy cow. Yikes. Yay for you but 12:45 for a 2:30 is a bit much.

2 Likes

Woah!! We didn’t attempt to get in line. I hadn’t realized before we got there but the earliest show they were running started at 12 or 12:30.

1 Like

Yikes. I was thinking of trying to get to it bc I’ve never seen it. (DS and DH HATE almost every show.)
But I’ve only got a short window and I’m not standing in line for hours for it.

On Tuesday we arrived a little after 12 in hopes of the 12:30 show and the line was already for the 1:30 show. I knew we may be cutting it close for the 12:30 show so wasn’t entirely surprised. The length of the line for the 1:30 show was surprisingly long already. We didn’t stay because my DH gets cranky without his afternoon break. Alas I have to wait for more dedicated travel companions to see it.

5 Likes

:wink:

3 Likes

Like me!

I would never stand in line for hours for this show (saw it before covid). I mean, it’s an ok show, and it seems a lot of people like it, but, to me, not worth hours of park time. Definitely not.

1 Like

It is my absolute favorite.

And if this is how it is we will probably miss it.

3 Likes

I think we will take our chances and try for one of the last shows of the day in hopes the park clears out some by then. I know the risk is that we won’t see it but my crew will not be up for waiting hours for it.

1 Like

We were debating about whether or not to stay in line for the 2:30 show, when the line started moving, so we figured we would see how far back we would be for the 2:30 show if we stayed in the line. We were quite lucky.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine waiting more than 30 min outside at this time of year for a show. Even shaded. I really enjoyed it last time we saw it but I can’t dedicate that much time and probably more from the sound of it. That makes the decision easy, I guess - we’ll catch it next trip.

2 Likes

Shannon from WDW Prep School said in her most recent ‘live’ podcast that she got into line an hour before the first show. Seems consistent with the reports above!

2 Likes

An hour- get in line an hour ahead of time

1 Like

You wait about 30 min in sun, 10 min in the actual queue and 20 min inside so it’s only about 30 min in the sun but it’s an hour overall. It’s missing the “make sounds like a giraffe and warthog stuff”, the monkeys on the trampolines and I’m pretty sure the birds used to hang and spin during the can you feel the love tonight but it has all the songs.

1 Like

Bless you for waiting! :wink: I took one look over there and decided it was way too hot to even consider it. Maybe next time if FP ever comes back.