Forum Maintenance Issue - anyone else?

I have noticed over the past couple of weeks that my thread settings seem to, in some cases but not all, be reverting to “factory settings”.

I have my main settings, well, set to “tracking” so that if I participate in a thread I get the counts for new posts i that thread noted at the end of the thread title. But recently some of those threads are reverting to “normal” which just notifies you if you’re mentioned directly with the @ feature. I can toggle it back to “tracking” manually, but I’m not clear on why this is happening. Also it’s not happening on all threads, just some. IE this morning the thread on 4th and more FPP reverted to “normal” so that while i could see the number of posts in the thread indicated more after I “liked” some of the posts there, I did not show a count. Meanwhile the daily la cava thread is functioning normally.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have had that issue for at least a year. I cannot figure out why it happens. In some cases I have responded multiple times in the thread.

1 Like

Oh so it’s a catchy affliction :wink:

Hmm… I wonder if that can be fixed

1 Like

I think I asked about this when I first noticed it. The issue is that sometimes I have missed it. I hate finding the issues days later. I follow all categories, so my threads are always checked by new and unread.

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

I have checked my settings multiple times. I changed mine to get notifications on every unread thread. I just turned email back on last month. Maybe it is an issue because of the way we default?

1 Like

Maybe except this just started at random a couple of weeks back for me and I haven’t change my default in months.

Yeah- my defaults were set 4 years ago and I have had the issue for at least a year.

1 Like

Weird. Random.

I thought it was just me. I was wondering why Matt did not post or anyone post on his thread one day and found it by clicking on latest.

2 Likes