Fort Wilderness Cabins VS All Star Music Family Suites

Need help deciding between the two. We have stayed at the campground before and I loved being so close to MK. But we have 3 teen girls and the second bathroom in the All Star Music Suite is very appealing. The trip I am planning we could save 1,000 staying at ASM. My concern about the suite is that we will be pretty far from MK and that is one of our favorite places. Have no idea how good the bus system is out of that area. I don’t want to feel I am always waiting for transportation. Also we don’t normally spend a lot of time at our resorts except for sleep Anyone have any experience with ASM suites?? Are the beds comfortable? The other thing is we always have good intentions to cook meals but we get lazy and eat in the park a lot, so do I really need a full kitchen like they have in the cabins? Thanks for any help you can give

I’d save the money and do ASM! I have haven’t been close to Magic Kingdom so I can’t compare being close vs. not, but I never find the buses that bad. Use that extra $1000 to do other fun things at WDW or put away for your next trip!

1 Like

thanks!

I haven’t stayed at either place, but I vote for two bathrooms!! We stayed at AOA LK in Jan with just one teen girl, and we loved having another bathroom. I can’t imagine having only one bathroom with three teen girls. :grinning: My DH would vote for saving money! :smiley:

1 Like

thanks! it’s really great to get other peoples opinions

1 Like

It seems to me that the 1000 savings in room costs could pay for a quite a few in park meals or taxis to the contemporary to stroll into the MK if you wanted. We went with a group of 5 (two smalls and two grandparents and me) and having 2 bathrooms was so worth it, I can’t even begin to describe!

1 Like

We recently stayed at FW cabins, and although it is physically close to MK, you still need to take an internal shuttle bus to get to a place to take transportation (unless you rent a golf cart) – so in essence you wait for a bus to get you to a boat. I agree with saving the money, and didn’t find the busses all that bad years ago when we stayed at Music.

Also, if you don’t mind walking, it is possible to walk from any All Star resort to another, so just take whatever shows up first.

1 Like