Hi Liner Friends! We are finally under 100 days from the trip I have been planning since 2019!
Like everyone else, we have had a crazy, stressful, exhausting 2 years. We were supposed to go in May 2020, we had our FP’s booked and everything, but obviously that didn’t happen.
Since then, every time life has thrown us a curveball, I just add something new to the trip, it’s what has kept me going through some rough times. So we went from 4 days at Boardwalk to an 8 day split with the Polynesian and Boardwalk, regular rooms to club level, WAT, cabana rental, the hits keep coming and I keep adding on. We are all vaxxed and DH, DS and I are boosted. DH tested positive for COVID yesterday - it’s probably just a matter of time for the rest of us in the house. Hopefully the pandemic will give us a break and May will feel like a safe time to travel.
I was hoping I could drop our plans here and you could give me some feedback:
Dates: 4/29 - 5/7, traveling with DH, DS18, DD9 and myself
Do these plans look realistic? Do I need to adjust my expectations? Is my timing looking OK or is it wildly inaccurate?
I have 5 TS meals for 8 days, should I add any? I like the idea of having 1 nice sit down meal per day, but I wasn’t sure we could fit a TS in every day.
The days we are eating QS, I have written down what I think we will have, if you have other suggestions for meals or snacks please let me know!
This is only our second trip, so although I have been reading and researching for literally, years, I don’t have much actual experience and I appreciate your expertise and opinions.
Friday 4/29: Arrival day/MK
Arrive at MCO at 11:12am - Quicksilver to Polynesian arrive around 12:30/1pm
- Check bags with bell service (if room is not ready).
- Check out the club level lounge, but from what I understand, lunch is sparse in the lounges, so we will probably eat at Captain Cook’s.
- Check out the resort, have a swim, hopefully check into our room.
- Head to MK around 3:30/4pm: hopefully we will have LL’s lined up for Peter Pan, BTMRR, and HM when we arrive. We will also try to ride Small World, Little Mermaid, the Carousel and the people mover. We want to stop by Sleepy Hollow and Gaston’s for dinner/snacks, or Cosmic Ray’s/Gaston’s, or maybe CHH/Gaston’s (any suggestions for what would be best for dinner?). Head back to the hotel when we are tired… I’m guessing around 8:30 - we will probably go to bed early, because we are always tired after traveling.
Saturday 4/30: MK day
- We don’t rope drop, I will try to book us our first LL for 9:30ish
- Have breakfast at the resort
- Head out to the park around 9
- Get a waffle with fruit at Sleep Hollow
- Use our LL’s and focus mostly on Adventure Land, Frontier Land
- If HDDR is open (fingers crossed) we will head out around 2:30/3pm to the boat to Fort Wilderness for the 4pm show.
- ADR: If HDDR is not open, I will try to get us an Ohana dinner reservation around 4/4:30
- Depending on tiredness levels - back to MK or an early night at the resort.
Sunday 5/1: AK/MK
- Our earliest day: 8:45am WAT I’m assuming we will want to take a Lyft to the park to make it in time? What time should we leave?
- 8:45am - 11:45am WAT
- Leave WAT, walk through Africa, let the kids get a snack if they want one - I need to research snacks in AK.
- Walk over to Asia, stop at Royal Anandapur Tea Company so DH and I can grab a frozen Chai tea.
- Mosey over to Pandora, ride FOP (ILL).
- Take the bus back to the Poly, eat lunch, rest, let DD8 swim
- Head over to MK
- Casey’s for QS dinner
- All of the MK attractions we haven’t been able to do and re-ride any favorites. I plan to stack LL’s earlier in the day.
Monday 5/2: Typhoon Lagoon/Epcot
- Sleep in a little, breakfast in the lounge.
- Head to Typhoon Lagoon - planning to take a Lyft around 9:45/10
- This is our relaxing day, we are hoping to rent a cabana
- Take a Lyft back to the resort sometime in the 3-4pm range
- Change clothes take monorail to Epcot
- ADR: Hoping to get dinner reservations for Space 220, if not we will get San Angel Inn reservations
- If they are following the same schedule, Epcot may have extended evening hours. Stay until we are tired, head back to resort.
Tuesday 5/3: Epcot/AK
Check out of the Poly, bags to bell service for switch to Boardwalk
Eat breakfast in the lounge, monorail to Epcot
Explore more of Epcot
Eat snacks/QS at Epcot
- Walk over to Boardwalk, check out the resort, hopefully check into our room.
- Head to AK around 4 (haven’t decided if we will take the bus or Lyft)
- LL for Dinosaur, check out It’s tough to be a bug because DD8 thinks it’s hilarious.
- ADR: Dinner reservations at Yak and Yeti
- Plan to book LL for Navi and ILL for FOP for close to closing so we can hopefully see Pandora at night - DS18 really wants to see that.
Wednesday 5/4: HS/MK - May the fourth be with us
7am DH and I login into MDE one of us gets LL for MFSR, one tries for ROTR (try to get these for as early as possible)
Walk to HS, ride Star Tours, check out Galaxy’s edge
DS18 wants a reservation for Savi’s and DH wants a reservation for the Droid Depot. I was planning to get these for 2pm and 3pm with a reservation at Oga’s around 4pm.
DD8 and I will do our own thing while they are doing this - I was thinking we could catch the Frozen sing along, walk around the boardwalk and have a nice swim break.
We will meet up with DS and DH around 5/6 have dinner somewhere (unsure where) and head to MK if they are having extended hours this night
I don’t know where to eat lunch and dinner this day, any suggestions?. I had originally wanted to get a reservation for Sci Fi just to have the experience and a cool place to relax for lunch, but I’m worried we will have reservations for Droid Depot, Savi’s and Oga’s and it will make finding a time for ROTR and other LL’s too difficult if I add another reservation.
Thursday 5/5: DS/HS
- Lyft to Disney Springs around 10/10:30
- ADR: Lunch at Homecomin’
- Explore Disney Springs (we’ve never been) - for sure check out the Lego store, the big Disney store, look at one of the big candy stores, check out Lefty’s because DH and DD are both left handed and it would be fun to get a cheesy souvenir from there.
- Lyft back to the resort, take a break
- Around 5 head to HS for the evening. Hopefully we will have LL’s for SDD and TSMM and ILL for MMRR. DS and I want to ride TOT.
Friday 5/6: ?/Epcot
- ADR: The only plans we have are to get reservations for the Rose and Crown fireworks dinner. DH really wants to end the trip with a fireworks show and the kids voted to check out Epcot’s since we have never seen any fireworks at Epcot.
- What would you do with this day?
Saturday 5/7: MK
- Check out of The Boardwalk, bags with bell service.
- Right now kids and DH think they want a quick goodbye tour of MK
- Get picked up at Boardwalk between 2:30/3pm for a 5:25 flight home.
Thank you for any feedback!