For the First Time In Ever: Our Relaxed Disney Escape

Beautiful!!:heart:

3 Likes

And, we got to see the Delta 4 rocket launch from Canaveral!!!

17 Likes

and now we have the best table!

16 Likes

Our first time at Whispering Canyon. It was just right. I had the Land and Sea skillet

13 Likes

We are so ready to sleep. I’ll be chattier tomorrow!

6 Likes

Looks like you had something to drink as well. :joy:

4 Likes

Your pics are gorgeous! Welcome home!!

1 Like

That’s the skillet I had with the cant-believe-its-vegan sausage! So good!! Beautiful pics! Sigh. We got so spoiled staying at WL! Have the best time!!!

1 Like

Your pictures bring back fond memories. We were at WL for dinner a year ago yesterday.

1 Like

I slept till 8am — I never do that at Disney! - and am having a cup of coffee here before I go on a morning walk around the grounds

16 Likes

I made today our Epcot day since I knew we’d be starting late after yesterday’s 12+ hour drive

DD is still sleeping, so we don’t have to start the day with our usual fight over getting up. I like Relaxed already :grin:

15 Likes

I wanted to post a couple of thoughts from yesterday that I was too exhausted for last night!

Wilderness Lodge feels much more populated than September. Not at all unpleasant, just more guests.

The pool was EMPTY yesterday evening when we did our wander around 8pm. After our dinner there were a decent number of families in the pool. In September the pool was busy even early in the evening. I’m guessing it is because the parks are open later now.

As we wandered, DD22 said now that she is here, she can see how safe it is, and is really glad we came. Win!!!

19 Likes

And during our wander, I took her over to look at the Cascade Cabin area andd 2 DVC CMs happened by and asked if we wanted to tour a cabin so we did. It is as great as the photos and videos online show! DD22 said she could now see how great it would be to have a family gathering with the DSs too. And maybe grandbabies someday :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

And because we got this for doing the tour

13 Likes

We need to be out of the studio by 11am. I doubt we will have our Cabin ready before then, so we’ll store our bags in the car (we packed one-night bags for the first night since we knew this) and eventually take a bus to Epcot.

3 Likes

Love the night time photos!!
It is such a pretty resort. Awesome tree.
Great that your drive wasn’t too bad.
Have fun at Epcot today!!

3 Likes

So nice. WL was one of our favorite stops when we were there 5 years ago!
Awesome view of the tree.

4 Likes

The refurb of main WL seems to have moved on to the 4th floor. It was at 6-7 in Sept

5 Likes

Nothing says “Christmas” like black shower curtains!!! :rofl:

6 Likes

Finishing my coffee here

11 Likes