For the first time ever, I was okay with going home

I don’t know if I’ll post a full trip report, because while there were some really great things that happened there were also a whole heap of cruddy things like I’ve never experienced before at WDW (a few major issues, and then a ton of smaller things that would just roll off my back if there weren’t so many of them) and I’m actually just tired of thinking about it. Has anyone who’s been recently noticed a major falling off of service standards, or did I just have terrible luck this time?

The upside is that I’m much more productive than usual, without my normal post-WDW distraction.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, IMO things have definitely slipped. You still can have encounters with CMs who go above and beyond the call of duty, but overall there seem to be many things, from small annoyances to major issues, that are cropping up with regular frequency.

My current “annoyance” is WDW’s inability to publish the TA Calendars on time (or possibly at all now, as they still haven’t released May and June). Doesn’t ruin a vacation per se, but it makes planning more difficult.

2 Likes

I felt the same way two weeks ago. It was our 3rd trip for the year and I was annoyed by our experience at Coronado Springs. It had nothing to do with the construction. It was the lack of attention by housekeeping and the front desk’s lack of response to my complaint. I do not know if I will do a full trip report as well. I just don’t feel like it was a trip to “report” on. I feel like I would be complaining in most of it about how I was disappointed this time around. I guess that’s a sign that we need to not go for a while to make the heart grow fonder so to speak.

1 Like

I was there with my family last week and we had a rough time. I will probably write my first trip report because although we had alot of sickness and change in plans we did have some outstanding service. Last year at Caribbean Beach housekeeping hadn’t cleaned our room. We didn’t realize it til very late that evening and reported it the next morning. We got the deep cleaning the next day complete with towel animals. We were happy but felt like they should have done that anyway for the amount we spent on the resort stay. The next day housekeeping was again nil. And it was spotty for the next few days. But no one had a problem taking my tips.

This stay we were at Beach club and the only complaint I had was the second day we were there housekeeping came in and cleaned the room but took both the mousekeeping labeled tip envelope AND the turn down service labeled envelope but NO turn down service had been done. Very late that evening turn down service came (two college girls) and I said someone took your tip! They apologized and gave us towels and told me to report it. I did and front desk really didn’t seem to care less. They said we’ll report it and please continue to place the tip envelopes out. My husband and I just took towels from the cart dumped the trash ourselves and then put DO NOT DISTURB sign out instead. We had sick kids and didn’t want to be bothered.

So I think the biggest let down was the sickness, the big let down of the MVMCP, and the few cast members that were rude and snooty for no reason with us BUT the ones who were extremely helpful made up for it with me. I think this time I came in knowing our trip from Caribbean beach wasn’t the best service and I reading reviews all over about spotty service at BC I was actually happy I got the service we did. But I am not anxiously planning for another trip anytime soon. We have a year and half til my daughters high school graduation celebration and I can wait for that.

1 Like