FOP wait times

Yes, these videos are great aren’t they! We have friends who did this twice during a trip just before Easter 2018, once they were on and off FOP very promptly but the second time they were in a queue for over 2 hours!

I guess it’s the unknown variables that @Ariadne mentions that make me worry. Also it’ll be our second day and first rope drop so I’m not sure how long the buses will take etc.

I’ve also read lots of reports on another forum of people feeling ill on FOP and I did wonder whether it’s safer to ride on our FP at the end of the day for the first time, rather than at rope drop when any side effects could impact our touring for the rest of the day. My head is buzzing with variations of touring plans at the moment!

1 Like

If worried about the bus, you could always take a lyft or uber

1 Like

I was worried that I would feel motion sickness on FOP or Soarin but didn’t. There’s no falling sensation on Soarin. FOP is more of a diving feeling than a free-fall, which is what terrifies me the most. So I was prepared to close my eyes, but never needed to. (There is also a barrel roll moment which can be a little intense.) And it’s not a VR headset. Just 3D glasses, so maybe that will feel more normal?

Hope that helps. This sort of thing is so personalized. i would recommend starting out with Soarin or even Star Tours to see.

2 Likes

We’ve done Soarin’ and Star Wars in the past with no problems. But that’s sitting comfortably in a seat, not on a ‘bike’ which could feel more like the real thing, which, I suppose is the intent.

Gotcha. Yeah I can see that being different. If I was in your situation, I’d probably try for the same day FP drop at 3:01 or 5:01 to get a later FOP time (or pre-book a later FP time) and be prepared to scrap the rest of the day if I felt ill.
It’s an AMAZING ride. Knowing how good it is, if you told me that I would feel sick the rest of the day, I think I’d still ride it again and just try to close my eyes a little and see if that helps. The bike seat doesn’t move that drastically, so closing your eyes should fix the problem. But of course, closing your eyes also means you miss the ride. :wink:

1 Like

There is also the option of riding FOP at park closing. Jump in line 5-10 minutes before closing so you are not wasting park time. See this forum thread: FOP at Park Closing?

1 Like

I would totally do this but we RD and stay all day. DH is done by dinner and we head out for some much needed hot tub time.

Yeah, I definitely would not do this on a RD day. I did want to throw it out there as another option (especially when I saw mention of teens).

1 Like