FOP urgent question

We are here and going to AK today. My nine year old did not like soarin because of physically dangling from the chairs. He loves Star Tours though. Do the banshees physically leave the floor in FOP? We have FP+ at 9:40 and I am concerned about him getting motion sickness or scared if the banshee actually leaves the floor. I think if I can tell him the banshee does not physically detach or drop he will be okay; otherwise for his sake we will pass on it. Thanks!

2 Likes

My understanding is that the banshee is on a platform, which does move.

1 Like

But it doesn’t leave the floor. The whole platform moves

3 Likes

The thing you sit on is like a motorcycle seat basically. As @missoverexcited said, it does not leave the floor.

SPOILER ALERT!!! The screen in front of you opens and you’re surrounded by the visuals. There is some movement. Depending on which level you are on (again, the floor moves around but the seat doesn’t rise above it) you may be able to see a few floors below you. But there is no danger of falling.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I meant.

2 Likes

You won’t experience actual height or dangling like Soarin’, but you will experience the sensation of height and movement far more than Soarin’.

3 Likes

Okay, we just another in depth discussion about it and what he didn’t like about soarin was the fact hat his feet were dangling. He said if his feet can be on the solid platform he will be okay. So we will see!

3 Likes

We just did FOP on Monday and it was amazing! Your feet rest on the floor of your “seat,” which as others have said is like a motorcycle or bike seat. There is a back that comes up to secure you in the seat. I think your son will love it if he likes star tours and don’t give up your FP! The standby line was 2-3 hrs long and we walked straight through the FP line without seeing another soul in it! My 3 kids loved it-ages 11,8, and 5. My 11 yo son was too scared to ride TOT or rocknroller coaster, but loved this. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Think a 4-year old would do ok on it? If my DD grows another little bit by December she’ll be tall enough. I’m trying to figure out whether to plan on her going because she’s tall enough or not plan on her going because it might scare her…

It’s not going to hurt to get her a FP. Maybe try out Soarin first and see how she does? There is nothing scary about it, but the sensations of flying, swooping, and diving are very realistic.

We won’t be able to go to Epcot before AK, so that’s a no go. I can always get her a FP…I’m just wondering if I need to plan on RS and therefore twice as much time there, or if we can all knock it out at once… (I mean, beyond just being unsure if she’ll even like the ride or if it will scare her to death…)

Thanks for all the responses! We all rode it-walked right on this morning with our FP, and my son did great! He felt really secure on the banshee and I looked over a few times to see him smiling and laughing!

10 Likes

My 5yo is just over 44in and was not scared on the ride. She had never done any rides before this trip and she enjoyed Soarin, Test Track, BTM, Splash, and FOP. We also took her on expedition Everest, which she survived, but told me it was “really scary!” The only thing that wasn’t great about FOP for her was that the back rest was pushed really tight against her and the glasses did not stay on well. But she was not scared at all, so I think your 4yo will be ok if she is brave and likes rides :).

1 Like

Thank you!