FOP - rope drop

Hi! Last time we were there we did rope drop for FOP. I’m curious… Now it seems everyone rope drops HS. Has the rope drop for FOP gotten better? If you do it, do you have a possibility of riding twice?

OMG… YES! It’s been a faction of the people there over the holidays. Will this continue??? IMHO - As long as DHS is “selling out” of BGs within the first hour and putting everyone else in “back-up” BGs you’ll continue to see the effects at all the other parks at RD.

It is not a walk-on for back-to-back rides, but often less than 60+ minutes until the park has been open for about 90 minutes - then it climbs up

2 Likes

Are they still opening up the FOP before official rope drop? How about Navi?

This is never official. They only do it if Ops / Maintenance has completed all the ride testing / prep early and if there is an overwhelming RD crowd. They may still walk you back to Pandora early, even with lower crowds, but hold you there if behind schedule . They will release everyone, no matter what, at official park opening. If the ride isn’t ready then, they don’t open the queue.

1 Like

Thanks, totally understand it isn’t official. I am going on a CL 10 day, so there is a chance if I RD Navi I can get to KS before the line gets very long there.

1 Like

We were there last Friday and did RD on Navi and were drinking a coffee at Starbucks by official opening. I think we got there about 40 min before opening. We had FOP FP for later in the day, and noted the line for that was huge but not sure how fast it built. This guide seemed pretty accurate across all the parks:

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/animal-kingdom/animal-kingdom-touring-plans-rope-drop-wait-times-and-fastpass-priority/

2 Likes

I was there on a CL 10 EMH saturday (jan 4th) and arrived at the park 1.15 hours before emh opening (so at 5.45am). Probably 50 people already there. Lines behind me built very quickly as the first buses from resorts were arriving.
I was in the 3rd or 4th theatre loaded and got off at 7.00 am. At 7.05am i went back in line (posted was 150 minutes), which was stretching all the way to lion king, then back, then bridge to pandora and then entrance to Africa on the path near tree of life (no fastpasses during emh so much more people needed to have a 150 min line). Shortly after i joined the line the wait jumped to 180 minutes (and then over 240).
I was loosing hope of a 150 min wait since it took 1 hour to do all the switchbacks and arrive at the entrance of the true line, and by that time FPs were allowed to enter. In the end I’ve waited 153 minutes in total for the second ride, so it was accurate!
Yeah I know it’s high, but i love flight of passage. I ended up doing it 5 times that day (1 RD, 1 FP and 3 stand-by, of which one was 150 min wait and the other two 120 min waits even if posted waits were over 200 minutes). Oh and two more times on Jan 1st (one with FP and one with 80 min wait at park closing) lol

1 Like