FOP & Rope drop

FP day is Monday and I’m still confused on how to handle FOP. It doesn’t look like we will be able to get a FP but I will continue to try up until my trip making it fit where ever I need to should I get one. I still need to make a plan now though in order to book other FP.

Here’s my dilema - TP says our wait at 7am during EMH will be 93 minutes. I know I watched a TP video which shows it can be done in much shorter time than that. Do I just go with the plan and assume all other wait times will just be moved up?

Someones gotta be first in line, run, run, run, lol

2 Likes

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3779924

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3765012

Note: I do this to show the group I’m with how valuable it is to get up earlier but this clearly doesn’t make my case.

Last time I ran was probably for the ice cream truck as a kid, lol. It’s just so confusing. I didn’t even know I was going to Disney a month ago and now boom FP day is almost here and I’m clearly freaking out. #firstworldproblems

2 Likes

I know what u mean! If its a must do, RD it, bring to-go breakfast and use the time to verify/ update plan.

2 Likes

Turin plans has no idea how good you are doing rope drop. So it cannot assume you are at the front of the pack. Your start time on your touring plan is when your plan assumes you are walking through the taps. If you think that you will be front of the pack you can take the first ride off and then just start your plan at about 20 minutes after opening. That’s what I do. I get to AK about 75-90 minutes before opening. Then, I’m in front of the pack to be on and off FOP by shortly after opening time.

3 Likes

I was not at the front of the pack when I rope dropped AK for FOP. I didn’t run. I took my time and enjoyed the walk. It was a 25 minute wait for me. Worth it 100%. Good luck @Barbelle

6 Likes

There is no running. First, it’s not allowed (though one can walk with purpose — I once got “in trouble” with another liner by giving that advice though LOL). Second, the RD pack is a tight group of sardines. There is no running.

If you arrive 45mins to 1 hr before the posted RD you will be at the front of that sardine pack. They will walk the pack back to the rides before scheduled rope drop, and you will probably even ride before the posted rope drop time. You will essentially walk onto the ride, perhaps a short wait if you miss the first screen.

By the time you come out of your ride, the wait time will be 93 minutes or worse! So TP is giving you accurate information. You’re just better than that :wink:

10 Likes

Yes mam, reminds me of the DQ commercial at the pool, with the “not running”. I agree with your TP assessment.

2 Likes

Part of the problem is that SWGE will be open & DHS opens at 6am so technically we are rope dropping that just to walk around, getting to ride would be a major bonus. I just thought it was very strange to see a 93 minute wait that early.

Are you confusing parks? DHS will be opening at 6am. AK will open at 7am for EMH.

The TP is assuming you only arrive at 7am, whereas they will start leading people in by 6:30am. I agree 90 minutes at 7am seems high but the line can grow rapidly, so it’s not totally out of the question.

2 Likes

They just added the early fast passes for FOP and they are available every day from 9/8-9/27. I wonder if they will add them later for your trip like they did for mine? They added the 8-9am 7DMT FPP at my 30+ days.

1 Like

I’m confused about how to check on whether there are new Fast Passes available when I have three chosen already. It seems like you have to give up all your current FPs just to get a look at what is available. That doesn’t seem right. I wasn’t able to get FoP and I would dearly love to get a FP for it. Any suggestions? Thx!

1 Like

You need to go in and MODIFY one of your existing FPs. Ignore warnings, nothing will be deleted until you actually confirm you want to make the change.

If you have another tier 1 FP, in your case Navii, you will need to MODIFY that one to see other tier 1 availability.

3 Likes

We always rope drop it but FOR SURE be there before 7:00. There will be a couple thousand people ahead of you. We typically walk on, (small pause on the ramp inside) and exit to ride NAVI and by the time we head out, FOP is at 3 1/2 hours. We have been successful 3 times with this method. We have never waited long enough to see the avatar in the slower queue.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I haven’t seen that either. But am not complaining. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Clearly I was completely frazzled! That’s a big duh, how can I be so stupid?!? Instead of going completely insane and rearranging everything yesterday I went to the beach and didn’t turn on my computer once. I set my alarm this morning and was able to score almost everything I wanted. My one mistake was booking SDD for 8:45PM instead of AM. I was so excited to see it available that I booked it and continued with the rest of my hard to get FP’s. It was only once I had everything and was modifying them I realized. No big deal, as I had also scored it at a perfect time for our other DHS morning so I changed it to TSM. FOP was acquired at 8:45 am so I’m thrilled!

1 Like

Last visit (2017) was a very relaxing trip for my mom’s 80th birthday. Since she wasn’t going to ride FOP I got the FP for Navi. We did end up waiting in line and I rode FOP. I believe it was something like a 90 minute wait. I had planned for it so we ate our QS meal in line, she got to enjoy the visuals and I got to ride. As a liner that killed me a bit inside, but it wasn’t as bad as it sounds, lol.

1 Like

So glad you got what you wanted… now just 60 days to reevaluate and change everything :blush:
You will have a blast!

1 Like

Funny thing is, our travel day home we plan to do DHS and then hop to Epcot for one last lap (that’s where DD did her DCP so it holds a special place in her heart). She let me plan everything, only had minor requests, then texts me from work asking why did I get a FP for Little Mermaid in the 9am hour?! I then had to explain that since I scored SDD at 10:30 & ST at 11:30 that it allowed us to burn a T2 and hopefully score a same day for Soarin.

1 Like