FOP Rope drop

Hi there,

We’re planing on visiting AK on our first full day in Orlando (April 11th). As we’re staying in a non-Disney hotel we’ll only have a 30 days FastPass booking window, so it’s pretty unlikely we’ll get a FOP reservation. With that in mind I have two questions:

1. Is the best plan of action to get there an hour before opening and rope drop FOP? If so, where is the best place to be located at park opening? What sort of wait times might we face?

2. What time should I fast pass Na’vi River Journey for?

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

The best plan would be to go on a 9:00 opening and to be at the entrance, in line, by 8:00 (a little earlier would not hurt). The cast members will direct you. You will be let into the park early and held at the bridge. Keep to the right as you enter Pandora.

4 Likes

An hour fifteen seems to be the general rule. That timing worked for me personally in summer 2017, and seems to continue to be a common recommendation.

Then I believe the rule is stay to the right as you enter Pandora. (Someone please confirm!)

We had a 30 day window as well for this trip. I chose to schedule NRJ right before lunch so that we could explore Pandora and eat at Sautu’li. It is out last FPP as well so will set us up to start booking a fourth while we eat.

4 Likes

Thanks both for the help! If we do get there an hour fifteen before, do you think the ride line will be under an hour?

I think the in line when you get to FoP will be less than 20 minutes to the preschool. Most likely you will be finished by 9:15.

1 Like

Yes - from personal experience and reports, I would be shocked if you aren’t in cue before official opening and off by 9:30 at latest.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks guys. Fingers crossed it won’t be too busy!

1 Like

Wow! I didn’t realize they had a preschool in Pandora! Where can I find it? :wink:

4 Likes

Business autocorrect…I like it- I am leaving it.

6 Likes

I love it! I often leave my autocorrects alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

And don’t get behind any strollers at the ticket line! We were second in line at the ticket entry (behind a family) and the kids had a hard time scanning their fingers, so we were further behind in the crowd when we got to the bridge. That said, we still walked on to FOP and then walked on to Navi River immediately after!

3 Likes

How important is it to be right at the front? From the POV videos I’ve seen the queue line looks incredible. I’d be more than happy to not rush through it, but also don’t want a two hour wait. We’ve got two FPPs set for FOP, but want to do a rope drop or end of day visit to enjoy the queue.
What are people’s thoughts?

1 Like

We were just there the second week of December and rope dropped. We arrived about an hour and 20 minutes early for an 9am opening and were second in line at one of the tap stiles. Crowd was led pretty orderly to Pandora and held at the bridge for about 10 minutes. When all was said and done, we were off FOP by 8:45am and Navi River at 9:05am. Totally worth it, by the time we left Pandora, FOP was already up to a 2hr wait and Navi River was at 90 minutes. We had a FP for Navi later in the day and ended up cancelling to pick something else up.

2 Likes