FoP improvement opportunity

You raise a good point. Since Disney built a themed area specifically for Avatar, they had no choice but to make a series of movies to promote the park more. Once that happens, the originating point of this thread becomes moot.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Sequels usually suck. They will probably wind up decreasing interest.

2 Likes

That’s never stopped Disney before. :wink:

4 Likes

Watch “Dances With Wolves” instead. Same story, only without blue people.

3 Likes

So it’s dances with smurfs?

3 Likes

Hmm. Or maybe, “Dances with Really Tall Smurfs.”

I’ve seen that, a long time ago. I had a crush on Kevin Costner.

2 Likes

Okay. In that case, no need to watch Avatar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A re-imagination of…imagination…would be great. They’ve positioned Figment to be the face of Epcot but he’s almost nowhere to be found. A immersive and entertaining attraction starring him would be fantastic.

Buuuut, I don’t think FOP is good template. It’s not really a good ride for littles, which is the target audience of Imagination. And I don’t want to see Disney keep going the way of “3D Screen with a-little-motion ride” ala Universal.

All that said I don’t agree that Epcot/Disney IP integration is necessarily a bad thing. In fact, I think using Disney IPs that are based in that country of origin can enhance both sides. Remmy coming to France I’m REALLY looking forward to. I love seeing Snow White in Germany and it feels like it gives a whole new appreciation for the character. Where I start to see issues is when Disney tries to capitalize on a currently-hot IP (ala Guardians of the Galaxy or even Frozen (even though I love that ride)).

Avatar is a symptom of this as they wanted a modern property but nothing else was available. Instead of creating one, they tried to take the “currently popular” property. While Disney has done some great things with Pandora, let’s be honest, almost no one was clamoring for it. I think they’re doing it again with SW, but the difference is SW has stood the test of time. But it’s folly to try and keep up with established fads. Disney needs to get away from this.

Sequels were always planned, even before Disney bought into Avatar. JC just keeps trashing his scripts and doing rewrites. So you know they’re going to be good! :smirk:

Having seen Avatar, they only place to go is up.

Or Pocahontas.

1 Like

I wasn’t going to :blush:

Oh, I know. But they would have never been made if it wasn’t for Disney…and if Disney hadn’t built a land based on Pandora, they probably wouldn’t have okayed the sequel…let alone 3 sequels!

Truer (sarcastic) words have never been spoken!

I also noticed that Avatar 2 has a budget of 450 million dollars. And as we know, the more money you throw at a movie, the better it will be! :wink:

2 Likes

Exactly.

The best thing about the Marvel franchise ending is likely Endgame dethroning Avatar as the highest grossing movie of all time.

2 Likes

Should she watch Water World instead?

Perfect example of how throwing more money at a movie makes it better. :wink:

On the other hand, it does have Kevin Costner in it.

1 Like

What ??? @OBNurseNH is a Bruins fan ??? Ugh…and to think I used to like her… :scream::scream::scream:

I’m going to go with no.

Everyone’s allowed one character flaw. :smile:

1 Like

Hmm. I think I’m out, then.

Well yeah but that’s more than a simple flaw, it’s a really bad disease… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I cannot wait to see @MouseGirl42 's thoughts on this.