FoP improvement opportunity

@lauren_alicia commented in her thread about how awesome FoP is, and rather than sidetrack her live trip thread (as I tend to accidentally do sometimes) I will make this comment here.

I see a great opportunity to improve on FoP. You see, Avatar was a cool movie and all, but it is not real well known as classic Disney IP. If we could use something that already has name recognition that could fit in with the flying on a Banshee theme, it would be a real winner.

Now, as everyone knows, Epcot is being overrun with cartoon stuff and movie characters. I think everyone can agree that this should be put to an end. And to begin that change, I propose shutting down Journey into the Imagination with Figment, and re-making FoP into Figments Otherworldly Pandemonium! (see it keeps the same acronym, so it will be easy to keep talking about it!). The ride vehicles will remain the same, the video just needs to be updated to include Figment (and maybe even a little Eric Idle).

It would be a win-win! Take an unpopular ride away from Epcot to make room for something better, and give FoP more universal appeal. Who’s with me?

1 Like

No

4 Likes

Alright, that’s a maybe!

Who else?

6 Likes

:joy::joy:

Sorry. Playoffs. No time to talk.

1 Like

I’d rather see it turned into Marvel’s Black Panther home country - Wakanda.
Jim Hill, half-jokingly, hinted on the DD podcast that this could one day be a possibility if Avatar 2 doesn’t release or do well.

2 Likes

Blasphemy!

Okay, at least you aren’t threatening to get rid of Figment entirely. He’s one of my favourites and yet, not even a movie character.

1 Like

I say we need to double down on figment… not get rid of figment!

1 Like

Done! The new and improved FoP will have double the Figment!

1 Like

I want to ride on a dragon!! GOT ride?

2 Likes

That dragon was nothing but a flying scaly kitty with really bad heartburn

1 Like

You’re supposed to be watching the Bruins! How can they possibly win if you don’t watch?

between periods

Haha! Ok, any other dragon :dragon: Pete’s Dragon?

1 Like

Keep up that talk and you’ll be going to rehab. Everyone knows that’s a drug reference.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yeah, that probably would have been a good idea for Amy Winehouse

2 Likes

Where do you think I got the idea?

Just admit you need help, and then admit you’d like to be riding FoP and see Eric Idle riding Figment.

In my opinion, I don’t get the “People don’t get Pandora” argument so it should be changed. My DD19 and I rode the FoP for the first time 3 weeks ago, and it was amazing–the best immersive experience I had since riding the Transformers ride for the first time at USHollywood. My DD had very little idea what the Avatar film was about since she was 10 when it premiered and I don’t think she ever saw it. That being said, she loved the Pandora land, and we would have enjoyed it more had there not there been a severe thunderstorm that made us seek shelter under a fake rock shelf. FoP ROCKS or it wouldn’t have had an over 120 min wait on a CL5 day.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen Avatar, I’ve never wanted to, and though everyone goes on about how amazingly themed Pandora is, most pics I’ve seen don’t blow me away. But my parents, sister and her kids aged 8-12 all said FOP was their favourite ride, and that’s after ignoring my clear instructions to arrive early and ending up waiting 3 hours. Twice.

Also I don’t get Figment.