FOP and Slinky Dog fast passes

Tomorrow my 60 day fast pass window opens. According to the available fast pass guide on here, it seems that I won’t be able to get FOP or Slinky Dog on the days that we are planning to go until the evening. We have two extra days that I hadn’t fully planned yet at the end of the trip and it looks like I might be able to get morning fast passes on those days. I hate to schedule evening fast passes since it limits your ability to get extra ones during the day. Would you go ahead and schedule the evening passes or just do other things in those parks on the first day and then schedule morning fast passes for those rides later in the trip? I want to ride them both because they are both new to us but I don’t like wasting fast passes.

1 Like

I booked mine when it opened yesterday, and managed to get FOP and slinky dog for the days we wanted, and at pretty good times. Slinky dog is in the evening, but it’s on our second day and I’m just running with the idea that toy story land looks great in the evening.

1 Like

I have wondered this as well. Based on our late night flight, we plan on getting into HS at 10:30am on our first day and only plan on staying through 2pm before we leave the heat and go back to swim/nap. I’m really hoping to get a fast pass for AS2 or Slinky Dog in the morning, but if I can’t, we will happily ride TSMM and then when we go back to HS later in our trip, we are going in the evening during a low crowd day. Wait times in standby seem to be more manageable for the two new rides in the evening rather than in the morning.

Fingers crossed for good luck. My main issue is that I would really rather go back to magic kingdom on our last day instead of heading back to Hollywood Studios. I really like to be in Magic Kingdom on my first and last day. We will just see how it goes tomorrow morning. I have let myself worry WAY too much about this today! :joy::joy:

1 Like

You can book evening Fp and try to modify to better times. We booked FP for TSMM and will RD SDD on EMH. same thing with FOP.

1 Like

You probably already know this, but be sure to book your fast passes in order of importance rather than date order. I get the sense that FOP is still the most sought after FP and if I’m looking at standby wait times, FOP has much longer waits than either new Hollywood Studios rides.

1 Like

My suggestion:

Why not just book Slinky for that last day?

As soon as you tap in you can go ahead and book 2 more for MK. OK you’re unlikely to get 7dmt but you can book FPs for that and any other tricky ones on your first day.

There will still be plenty left.

1 Like

I would book the evening times for your ideal days and also on one of your last day as backup. I was able to move my SDD FP from the evening to 10:40am within a week. If you’re able to change it, then just change your plans for the end of the week (or keep them so you can ride again)!

2 Likes

Well, I didn’t get either fast pass on my first planned days to visit those parks but I did get them both on my last couple of days. I am satisfied. We will just do some park hopping. Also, I will continue to check for fast passes that might become available. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I was just working on my HS TP and I totally forgot I wanted to ride Slink at night. It does look better. ThNks for the reminder!