Food & Wine Trip Report

My friend and I took a much needed break and headed back to WDW (after trips with our families in August) SANS kids and hubbies to do whatever the heck we wanted. Translation: lots and lots of F&W and noshing in DS!!!

After a harrowing traffic-filled ride to the airport, we boarded our flight and traveled to the Boardwalk Inn without any further issues. Unfortunately, most dining locations were closed by the time we arrived at Boardwalk. We went hunting for food at Picabu in the Dolphin. Walking past people puking their guts out as they exited the Atlantic Dance Hall was not exactly a magical Disney moment. :roll_eyes:
Nor was eating cold chicken nuggets and fries.

But everything else past that lackluster beginning was awesome!

Breakfast our first day:

![image|500x500]
(upload://gGbHJt9o3dVAryiflTV5pujP3Nz.jpeg)

A quick Frozen ride break followed by more nom noms:

8 Likes

Dinner in DS:

Breakfast the next day:

A brief AC stint on the Mexican boat ride and Living With the Land followed by more noshing in DS :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Last day of nom noms:

6 Likes

Now I’m officially hungry haha. All looks so good!
Did you have a favorite?

For savory options, our favorites were:

• Canada’s Cheddar and Bacon Soup and “Le Cellier’s” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon (more tender than the one I got 2 years ago but I’ve heard your mileage can vary depending on your luck that day).
  • Brazil’s Moqueca (it had a nicely spicy kick) and Crispy Pork Belly
  • France’s Boeuf a la Bordelaise, Pomme Dauphine
  • Morocco’s Spicy Hummus Fries

Our favorite dessert was the mini Funnel Cake with Mixed Berry Sangria Compote (from the Funnel Cake stand in America) but the Banana Almond Soft Serve sundae from Shimmering Sips was really refreshing and a close second!

Our favorite drinks were China’s Year of the Piggy (Light Rum, Triple Sec, Lychee Syrup, Lime Juice, and Sprite) and France’s La Passion Martini Slushy

Most of the rest of what we ate were decent. However, I would strongly recommend against the Cheese Studio’s Black Pepper Boursin Souffle- it had the consistency of a muffin (NOT a souffle) and I couldn’t taste anything. Bland bland bland. There was cheese/pepper in that?? I’d also say skip Belgium’s Chocolate Waffle- the chocolate sauce tasted like regular chocolate syrup you can get from the supermarket. Definitely nothing special AND they are stingy with the sauce.

And RUN, don’t walk, to Disney Springs to partake in Polite Pig’s awesome BBQ and Morimoto’s Ribs (that you can get in either his sit down restaurant or his counter service location)!

3 Likes

We also squeezed in Character Meet N Greets CUZ WE COULD!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It was so much easier to do things on the fly without our families!!!

7 Likes

Nice pics…but…no “g” needed in front of “noshing”

Hahaha. Thanks for the spelling tip. Something about it was bothering me but my sleep-deprived brain didn’t pick up on it.

Your pictures are awesome!!! I feel so ashamed of mine now :joy:

Thanks! Food is a huge part of my Disney vacations. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: