Food in Ft Walton

We are going to stay at Ft Walton beach for a few days on our way home from WDW. Can anyone recommend yummy places to eat? :slight_smile:

Ft Walton/Destin/Sandestin has more food options than you could imagine. I highly recommend McGuire’s Irish Pub in Destin. It’s the “offspring” of the original McGuire’s in Pensacola, which is one of my all-time favorite resaurants. It’s called a “pub”, and has some of that ambience, but it’s actually an excellent steakhouse. Harbor Docks has excellent mid-priced seafood. Not so much for food, but Howl at the Moon is a dueling piano (and more) bar/club that is a LOT of fun.

If you were staying in Pensacola, I could give you a MUCH more comprehensive list…

I second McGuire’s, it’s technically in Destin though (not sure where you’re staying). In FWB there’s Buffalo Reef (best hot wings around), Angler’s (great seafood), and Magnolia Grill (super charming historic house turned restaurant with outstanding service and varied menu), just to name a few!

McGuire’s is a good choice. If you want seafood, my DW & DMIL just ate at Stewby’s Seafood Shanty in Ft. Walton and loved it. Dewey Destin is another great seafood place. (pick the one behind McGuires)