Food and Wine Events with Dietary Restrictions

DH and I planned our honeymoon to be during the Food and Wine Fest, but I perhaps stupidly just realized they may not accommodate his dietary restrictions at the various demonstrations, seminars, parties, etc. Does anyone have experience with doing the F&W events with dietary restrictions? He’s gluten-, dairy-, peanut-, and yeast-free. Thanks in advance!

I hope someone can chime in with advice on this! It seems like Disney is always really good about helping guests with allergies, so I’m sure there’s some sort of guide or list for the kiosks. Maybe the Disney Food Blog has some information from past years?

I’m hoping so, too. I’m largely concerned about the paid events - I don’t want to pay for a big dessert party or the culinary demonstrations if he won’t be able to eat the food as part of the event, but I also don’t want us to miss out on all the fun!

I wonder if it would be worth calling? I’m not sure WHO you would call, but maybe start with the Dining Reservation people?

Also, I found this information on one of the Disney FAQ pages. It might be worth sending an email to the address listed.

Metabolic Disorders and Multiple Allergies
Guests with requests associated with the list below should contact Walt Disney World Resort at Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com at least 14 days prior to arrival and after booking all dining arrangements for their entire visit:

Allergy or intolerance not listed above under common food allergies
Phenylketonuria (PKU)
Metabolic disorders
A single guest with multiple allergies/intolerances or multiple guests with allergies/intolerances within the same party

Indeed! I called them yesterday and they gave me that same email address, just waiting to hear back.

For the trip overall, I’m wondering whether we’ll be better off with more table service ADRs or just winging it as we see who serves what. We only have a few reservations right now, but I certainly don’t want to make ADRs and discover upon arrival that he can only have salad. I think I may just need to do some calling ahead to each restaurant and see what the situation is.

For the F&W Fest, I have no idea what to do at this point. I don’t want us to miss out on everything, but from what I’ve heard to far, the paid events aren’t very accommodating of dietary restrictions - which is a bummer! But not surprising either.

Hopefully we’ll get this whole food situation figured out ahead of time so we don’t spend another vacation just figuring out where to eat. I want this trip to be special for DH and I know this will be the biggest hurdle, so hopefully with enough calling around I can get it squared away.

I hope you are able to get the information you need to just relax and enjoy the trip! It’s so stressful trying to figure things out on the fly. I think having a few ADRs might be easier than trying to figure out options at counter service places and kiosks. At least the TS restaurants have the flexibility to change and adjust menu items. Plus, it’s really nice to have at least one scheduled sit-down break a day. That’s just my opinion though. Everyone tours differently!

Thank you! I’ve not been able to get much feedback or help with the food-sensitivity questions – I imagine some of the other Liners are tired of hearing about DH’s crazy food problems, haha – so thank you for the advice! I think we’re going to sit down with the menus next week and pick some more TS places for ADRs - that’s usually where we have the best luck at Disneyland. Thank you again!

2 Likes