FOMOm strongarms the crew - a live-ish TR (3/4-3/10)

I am so looking forward to following along with any and all updates! Maybe if your husband is yelling at people they’ll actually follow the rules, one can hope. Have a fabulous trip!

1 Like

I had the lettuce cups off the appetizer menu and they were so good! :yum:

3 Likes

Naps for all but DS, and pool time for me and the kids! Now off to face the springs on a Friday evening. @ryan1 ready your “told ya so”. T-REX plus lego store = 7 year old heaven!

6 Likes

Sounds like you’re making the best of it! Hope y’all have a good time at DS.

Regarding flying… I sat next to a pilot once and he said to think of it like the plane is fruit inside jello (the atmosphere). It may wiggle and wobble, but the fruit won’t just fall out of the jello. That made 100% sense to me and made turbulence a lot less scary in my mind.

7 Likes

Love this!

2 Likes

So, for a daily wrap up.
Got going about 20 minutes behind schedule with grumpy faces all around, but DH and DS did FOP w 32 min start of line to end of ride, while DD and I walked on to Navi at 745. Then DS and I rode fop and we all headed over to KS for a 10m wait. We all hopped in line at about 920 for wildlife express and just made it onto the first train. We spotted Ranger, which was amazing, and DS quickly schooled me on the difference between northern and southern white rhinos… DD and DH did affection section, which had a decent line by the time we left at 1045, while DS and I drew Pan, one of the monkey/catfish crosses from Raya. Fun fact: baby tuk tuk is inspired by a pill bug, a pug and a pangolin. I love it.
After the return train ride, next on our list was maharajah. In all of my AK visits, I’ve never done it, and I wanted DD to see the “hiptotmis”. But DS just kept asking when we were riding EE (I tried to give him a lesson on enjoying the moment instead of thinking about what’s coming next, he is his mother’s child, poor thing), and I was starving since I only had 2 bites of lumpia for breakfast, and DH was reaching peak WTFAMIDOINGHEREINAPANDEMIC, so I walked up to y&y 40m early for our res, which I could only get by calling calling restaurant directly and giving them my landry’s #. They said sure, and we were seated by 1135.
Kids had lo mein, DH and I had tuna nachos and he ordered the kobe burger, while I had honey chicken. Honestly those tuna nachos were one of my fave dishes on disney property ever. I did not need the chicken, too… but I ate it (potential memior title).
Then, finally, to everest. The line looked crazy long but DH and DS waited 10m max, and the RS for that one is super short. We love that ride, but maybe not right after lunch? I forget that my stomach gets weaker as I get older.
Then we high tailed it out. I could’ve stayed all day, but that is not my crew, so back to the room. DS said the word pool so many times today I now consider it a true 4-letter word, but we needed naps, and badly.
While we tried to nap, maintenance tried to come in and fix our phone. And then later called us to make sure the phone was working. So, now we unplug the phones and hang the DND sign because if you are not flesh of my flesh and you interrupt my sleep, I am not responsible for my subsequent actions.
DD slept on my chest, which she is way too big for but it was so sweet I just soaked it in, while DS cried in the other room about how we weren’t in the pool and I considered the gorilla enclosure for them once again.
Finally, we headed to jambo’s pool around 330. It was not crowded, but not empty, and the weather was perfection. I have to say I like the Lava pool better, but we’ll head to kidani tmw to try that one out. They were doing a poolside craft and had some outdoor movies on the schedule as well.
We got on the road to DS right on time, but I had the lime garage in the GPS, which apparently wasn’t open. The orange garage was a lot further away, so we were about 10m late, but it was fine.
DS LOVED T-REX. One whole trimester of second grade they center all their language arts, visual arts, social studies and science around dinosaurs, so he was in heaven. The food was crap, but I would recommend going just for the atmosphere (if your kids are 10 and under) and maybe splitting an app or dessert. The ribs and chicken were gross, and neither kid ate much of their meals.

Then DH and DS stood in line for the LEGO store for about 10m. DS is obsessed with legos, and he was pumped to finally be back in a lego store after moving away from the Cleveland one in 2019. DD and I snuck into amorette’s, my first time! I grabbed a mickey mousse and a salted caramel eclair. DS came out with a new minecraft lego he had never seen before, which was Very Cool.
We drove back to AKL and tried to figure out how we’ll actually get some sleep tonight. DS and I took the studio, so after we got settled we snuck out the mickey mousse and split it and promised not to tell DD and DH :rofl:

All in all, the kids and I had a great day. DH… well, his migraine finally went away, so there’s that. Tomorrow the lineup is pretty good, I think. Gatorland and more AK!

12 Likes

Literal LOLZ over memoir title and gorilla enclosure fantasies :joy:

All in all sounds like a good day. Hope you sleep well tonight and wake ready to have a good day tomorrow!

2 Likes

I’m guessing you did that with Rider Swap? So your question about whether they do RS before park opening was answered?

1 Like

Yep!!

1 Like

Gooooood morning liners!!!
I decided to practice this morning, just to see if I would need to change locations for getting a BG in the am, and lo and behold!

And now I have a decision to make. Do I assume my luck will continue, stick with the plan and drop the BG so that someone in the 1pm group can hop on, or do I rearrange things so that we are guaranteed a ride today?
This nutritious breakfast will help with decision making:

13 Likes

Saying Yep 6 hours ago puts this somewhere around 1:20 am. Are you crazy, woman? :wink:

Good job on the BG. Why not keep it? What is your alternative?

2 Likes

Nope, just crazy children.

Plan was gatorland til about 2, babysitter coming at 3, hit AK at 6 w DS and DH to see pandora and ride everest at night.

We don’t have to tap in to HS before 2, right? We just have to tap in there before going elsewhere?

1 Like

Ooh! They just extended AK hours til 8 tmw too! Time to swap evening plans!

5 Likes

Wow!!! That is so great! I say keep it! You never know what tomorrow will be!

2 Likes

What was your BG process? Did you do all the steps or just try right 7am or what?

1 Like

6:59:59. Followed @bebe80’s doc

2 Likes

Perfect! That’s my plan too. Did you practice other days as well or this was first try but you knew exactly what to do? Did DH try too or just you?

2 Likes

Can you swap Gatorland for HS and then PH to AK later?

I would change plans and use the BG today. I would want to stab myself if I passed and then was I successful going forward.

5 Likes

Yes