Flying to and from Orlando

Can I offer some advice. See the USA. Fly to NYC, Philly or DC and stay a day or two then fly to Orlando. I am pretty sure my trip to California rook longer than previous flights from Philly to London. From Philadelphia it is about a two hour flight to Orlando. See one city coming and another going.

1 Like

Philly is a cool place to visit!

2 Likes

This always sounds tempting but I worry how adding extra flights would affect me. Without going into too many gory details travel doesn’t sit well with me. It’s not just my sinuses, I tend to carry stress internally and add in the changes to my sleep cycle and ‘foreign’ food… it’s not pretty. Direct flights aren’t super fun but I would be very reluctant to get back on a plane after a day or two unless it was heading back home

2 Likes

my home sweet home!! :us:

Are you in Philadelphia. I am in Pottstown. We go to Walnut theater.

Lol! I mean are you really flying anywhere if you don’t get an overpriced airport Cinnabon??? :smiley:

2 Likes

I can definitely see the downside of that…while the flying for us isn’t the fun part, we like it and prefer it to driving for sure. I should note that our flight is only 2-2.5 hours so that definitely helps lol. NO way could I stand the 18-ish hour drive!!!

1 Like

We are just north of Philly in Ambler. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s not unreasonable for you, because of your brothers best friend I can absolutely see why you won’t fly! I’m so sorry that happened. I have a similar unreasonable fear, because of a freak accident that killed my dad last year I will not let my husband work on/restore cars. Either with someone else, alone or with our kids. And honestly he said it scarred him into now wanting to either. My brain knows how statistically unlikely it is something like that will happen again to someone in my family but I just can’t, it was so unexpected. Coincidentally my dad worked in aviation in some way, shape or form all his adult life and I’ve been flying since toddler-hood, lol. Everyone has their thing!

2 Likes

I will be in Warminster on Saturday for a graduation party - hubby’s cousin’s daughter.

My son and I are leaving Saturday morning for WDW! Heading to Lorton, VA to catch the AutoTrain.

1 Like

When my oldest son was younger, we didn’t eat at McDonald’s often, but when we flew, he always got McDonald’s pancakes at the airport. It was several years before he realized McDonald’s has pancakes everywhere, not just at airports. He was stunned!

3 Likes

My best friend graduated from HS in Warminster (W. Tennent). What a small world!

1 Like

Figured I would chime in too…since this is turning into a SE Pennsylvania thread. Grew up in Gilbertsville, now live in Morgantown (just behind Twin Valley high school). Definitely a lot of Montgomery/Berks County folks on Lines.

As for flight-coping mechanisms, I don’t get anxiety, but the time sure seems to drag on a plane…but I got some Bose noise cancelling headphones (the in-ear ones, so they pack small) and my flying experience is much better. I forgot I was on a plane I one point. Good luck to your family @IMcoyle, I really hope all goes well.

1 Like

Actually, having used them this past trip, I can totally say MCO’s handling of TSA Cares was even better than Philly’s (and Philly’s was pretty great).

They called and texted me as we got off the MDE Bus, and then had someone meet us in the main hub by the Disney Store in MCO.

The whole place was packed too, but they had us skip the line. If it wasn’t for the fact that my mom actually needed it that day, I’d feel like a real schmuck using it because it offered such an advantage over everyone else.

1 Like

That’s excellent to hear. We are leaving tomorrow on the AutoTrain, but will probably fly there again within the next few years.
:slight_smile:

I sorely wished I had called TSA Cares for yesterday at MCO. I need to get pre check, but even that was crazy packed!

I was glad I was flying with DH, because if I had been solo I would have ended up in a heap on the floor. The security area was SO packed, I think it took us 45 minutes to get through the line? The a/c wasn’t working well either and people were very tightly packed. I was so dizzy and seeing stars by the time we got to the X-ray machines, I went through the big machine, because it was another 10 minute wait (standing) for an opt-out screening. (I’m not supposed to go through the machine, I set it off and then they pat me down anyway :woman_facepalming:t3:) We fly through LAX and I’ve seen some terrible security lines, but last night at MCO truly took the cake.

Ugh. Having health challenges really blows sometimes, I’m just glad we got through and on our plane…only to have a 2+ hour delay! Whoops.

I will be arranging for TSA Cares in August. I’m so glad that someone here mentioned that it’s an option! Kicking myself for not arranging it yesterday, but I’ve never waited more than 15 minutes at MCO, and I can handle that. Just not 45 in however hot it was last night. I felt for the TSA workers, they all looked miserable as well.

2 Likes

Not a great start to your trip! I hope it picks up from here.

I uses to work in Boyertown . A mam from.our church teaches at Twin Valley HS. One of our liner meets was at Shady Maple. My late parents used to shop at Yoder and liked the Walmart in Morgan.

Luckily this was the end of our trip! Made it home in one piece. But now I know to call in advance. I fly back 3 weeks from Monday, and fly home from mco 4 weeks from Monday. :grin: