Has anyone done this? I’ve been researching flights. I originally thought I should wait until closer to travel (January 2020) but I’m worried that I might shoot myself in the foot if I do that. We really REALLY would like to fly direct (PIT - MCO) if at all possible. Southwest has currently released schedules up through Jan 5, which covers our departure but NOT our return.
I’ve priced other airlines, and as of right now, prices that LOOK lower really aren’t, due to (a) baggage fees, and (b) wanting to preserve the change/cancellation option. And nobody offers direct except for SW or Spirit. We have done spirit before, but they are more than SW even before baggage fees, at least if I book now. Flying direct is definitely worth some added $$$ to us, especially since it lessons concerns about weather delays/missed connections (flying out of PA in January, this is a real concern).
So I’m thinking I want to lock in our departure flight as a one-way now, and then watch in August when they will release the schedule and I can book our return. Why am I so scared to lock anything in?? lol