Flordia Town Car

We are using this service for our upcoming trip in June for transport from MCO to POP and back. I am a little nervous because I did not get an email or any type of paper confirmation, just a phone call stating that we would have to pay $160 cash to the driver upon pick up and will receive a voucher for the way home.

Anyone else ever use them for transportation or should I cancel and start to look elsewhere? :grimacing:

1 Like

We have used him twice now. (Also @PrincipalTinker has used him.) We were very satisfied both times. Tony is very punctual and accommodating. However, he prefers to interact over the phone and write appointments in his book (you need to have his cell phone #). My suggestion would be to call him the morning of your flight, to confirm that he has you scheduled for the proper time and location.

3 Likes

I will reach out to confirm and to get his contact info. Thanks for the response!

3 Likes

I highly recommend Tony! As @poohfanclub said, he really isnā€™t up to date on his business end but I will book with him again and again!

3 Likes

Just used him for a three-way trip (MCO to Universal, Universal to Disney, Disney to MCO) and he was fantastic, reliable, and friendly.

Definitely old school with his appointment book and phones instead of email. And yes, you pay the entire cost on the first leg.

But heā€™s the way to go.

4 Likes

Thank you all for your responses. I had made a post on another forum and was basically told that I should be VERY leery of a company that only asked for cash and gives a voucher for the return trip, so I got nervous. But after hearing from yā€™all about the fantastic service, it just put my mind at ease. I will be calling just to touch base with Tony before my trip to confirm. But thanks again!

2 Likes

To be fair to the other forum, it does sound sketchy!

2 Likes

I think it is more about age/background. My husband is cash only so I know there are people like that.

He has permissions and a pin to enter/exit MCO. Also, when MCO security had an issue with another company, they went to Tony to pass the word (another company left their sign).

6 Likes

Oh I realise heā€™s not sketchy. But in any situation without prior knowledge I would think it sounded dodgy. It probably is a life experience type thing, like older people not liking internet banking.

5 Likes

I had never used Florida Town Car before and was also nervous. I am on my way back from my first trip with him and it went great. I got a confirmation call and that was it. We left Wednesday. He had clearly tracked my flight, saw we were delayed, and called me. I shared with him that my flight was headed back to the gate instead of the sky, and he asked me to call when we touched down. He assured me that he was only 10 min away and would be waiting for us at baggage claim. Instead of arriving at 11:30 pm we arrived at 1:30 am. I called him when we touched down. Deboarding took forever so he called to find out where I was. He helped us with our bags and got us to the hotel safely.

He confirmed our return and let me know his son or wife would pick us up. He called me an hour before pick up today to share what car to look for and that his son would pick us up.

He asked if I had used them before and it felt odd to say that a woman I have never met in real life whose only name I know is @PrincipalTinker recommended him :joy: so I said the touring plans forums.

10 Likes

I should say - I was so relieved we had used him and I didnā€™t have to worry about an Uber at 1:30 am!!!

5 Likes

I have to tell you, your post made me smile. I am so happy you had the same experience I did! I did ask him if I could share about his company here- and although he seemed confused about ā€œtouring plansā€, he agreed. Maybe now he will look us up!

7 Likes

This is such a common arrangement here in Hawaii, which I feel is a good corollary to Orlando being such a tourist destination. All of our ā€œridesā€ to and from the airport are cash only, you arrange usually by phone (or text) with a driver, and the fee is set ahead of time, but there is not paperwork to ā€œproveā€ it. We donā€™t ever get a voucher for the return, but with the vendors weā€™ve used, it would be worth it. For shuttles here, it saves at least 50% over what a more commercialized ā€œsuper shuttleā€ type system would charge, and cash only means usually we can avoid taxes, but I never ask for details lol. Lots of folks run ā€œcash onlyā€ operations hereā€¦

So, Iā€™ll be looking up this dude as well for our upcoming trip! And Iā€™ll say ā€œPrincipal Tinkerā€ sent me and heā€™ll just have to accept that lol.

5 Likes

Myself and whole family who flew in and left at different times all used Tony as I booked him after Principaltinker recommended him in a thread. He was great! We ALMOST had a return hiccup as he had our return pickup at POFQ at 6pm when it was 6am but when he dropped us off and did the review we caught it. Thatā€™s where an email confirmation would have helped but all was good for a total of 6 rides.

2 Likes

Yes, just like you: we used Tony on the recommendation of @PrincipalTinker, he was great, and we got everything sorted out for all of our subsequent pickups when he reviewed our arrangements on that first ride.
Definitely use him again given the chance!

2 Likes

Principal Tinker - you should get a commission I think!! We are also using Florida Towncar for an August trip based on your initial recommendation. Glad to hear positive reviews from others also!!

5 Likes

I just looked them up and they offer transportation from and to the Orlando Amtrack station! Think I may go with them.

5 Likes

@poohfanclub saved me when she shared the Florida Town Car info. I always remind people, Tony has a cash business. Also, although Tonyā€™s van is much nicer than Quicksilverā€™s (funny, Tony also didnā€™t double the price when he had to use the van- imagine that) some of Tonyā€™s cars are older. They are clean and dependable but not ā€œreal fancyā€.

3 Likes

Yeah Quicksilverā€™s inability to modify reservations resulting in skyrocketing prices last minute was a huge reason I didnā€™t go with themā€¦ that and the owner is clearly and unpleasantly unhinged.

4 Likes

Very glad that it worked out for you and others!

1 Like