Flight of Passage - Fire

So… it’s starting to leak out that there’s currently a fire and evacuation at FoP right now.

This was taken by a friend who is being evacuated and are now waiting outside the park behind the ride. He says “flames burst out of a wall”

1 Like

Oh no! I hope it’s not serious. Although, fire bursting out of a wall sound pretty serious.

1 Like

OH my goodness! Praying everyone is safe!

1 Like

I am seeing more confirmed reports. This photo is courtesy of BlogMickey.com

Confirmed evac but not yet confirmed fire. I hope the fire is not true

I got the fire info direct from my friend who sent the first pic to me. He says he saw flames.

Yikes.

Oh my.

I thought the fire part was from that tweet on blog mickey. I know htye’ve had issues with the alarms in the past so I was hoping it was just that.

2 Likes

Looks like a false alarm:

1 Like

Given that it reopened, I wonder if this was hearsay on the friend’s part? Funny how misinformation can spread.

4 Likes

Yeah… I’ve already sent him a DM asking about it. I’ll follow-up. At the same time it’s pretty typical for Disney to try and maintain the “illusion of perfection” that they teach to CMs

1 Like

So… here’s the reply

“Smoke filled the pod and our main concern was to make sure we got our son out. A cast member came in from the exit door and put the fire out and as we exited the door back towards the queue”

When I asked where they were in ride -

“Preboard pod D1. I was in spot 16 my wife in 13 my 7year old son in 14. 15 was empty. As we were being scanned there was an pop/explosion to the right rear of the pod close to the door you exit to continue. Piece of wall was on floor in flame and wall had flames.”

2 Likes

Wow! I’m surprised they were able to get it back open so quickly. Presumably they closed that theater? Or at least that pod?

2 Likes

Jeebus. Of course I saw this thread literally on my way got FoP. Any news? I assume the CM at the FP queue will have an official non-answer and nothing else.

It was a couple of days ago, all open now

1 Like

A malfunction 2 days ago that caused flames to erupt into a guest pod still seems relevant.

1 Like

Ah ok, thought you were worried that you were on your way over there and it was shut.

I have searched. Every news outlet I could find reported ultimately it was a false alarm. Since the ride reopened quickly, that seems like confirmation.

Well we rode and didn’t catch fire. But no way was getting into the pod in question! I didn’t even see any D pods.

1 Like