Flabbergasted- F&G 2021

I was just watching WDWCouple on a newer video of Flower & Garden. They went to one of the merch stores and …:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Really?!? Why do people pile baskets with items to resale and remove opportunities for others? I was floored at the number of people with mounds of the same shirt or the new OrangeBird Ears, craziness! I did giggle, as he was stating something along the lines of “…hate seeing people pile arm loads for resale” a guy turned around and gave him the “stink eye.” :grin:
Am I falling into the minority of being cognizant of others that may be waiting on their turn to get into a store or restaurant? Surely not…
I know people resale, but dang…I will never pay double or triple for something. If I miss out, I guess I miss out. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

This happens all the time :rage: DFB reports, Hey there’s this new … oops gone already. I’m with you if I miss out so be it. BUT some things are on shop Disney when they’re out in the parks. I got my FARTS MB there cuz I couldn’t find them anywhere on property. A CM at BW even checked a back room for me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’ve seen Disney try to put limits on items, and people just rope in whoever they can to max out the limit. It’s disgusting imo. I refuse to buy resale unless I have no other option available and it’s an emergency, for whatever reason. The only time I can think of is when my favorite spoon holder broke and I was in literal tears. Disney was several years out from making them and I found a replacement on Ebay. It killed me but I had no other option.

To me they are no better than those jerks who bought out all the paper goods at the beginning of the pandemic and over charged people who were in need. And as long as people are paying the premium, they’ll keep doing it. I understand it. I just don’t like it.

6 Likes

I retract my disgusting comment. People make money however they can. I shouldn’t judge because I’m not in their shoes, but let’s just leave it at I’m not a fan.

I am appreciative of them having the items when they are sold out (even though I think they ARE the reason it’s sold out). It’s tough to be in my head sometimes.

3 Likes

I was actually at Mouse Gear when it opened the first day of Flower and Garden. I got there at about 10:30, the park opened at 11. There was a queue already formed which I joined cause I wanted to get the Passholder festival pin. I would guess there were about 2 dozen people in front of me all of which were there to hoard. They were groups of 2 to 3 people and I could here them discussing their strategies.

Once inside it was chaos. Every person had arm fulls of merchandise. No wonder the limited merchandise is so hard to find.

That makes me sad.

2 Likes

It is sad. By the time we get there in June, a lot of stuff has potential to be gone. poof
I thought the scavenger hunt and getting the plates would be fun. But, I’m pretty sure those will be gone and replaced with something not as cute.

Yes I’ve noticed this recently too.

It’s a plate?!? Isn’t the scavenger hunt an eating game? I think they try to prepare to have enough of these though.

1 Like

I can’t :heart: This. Why do ppl do this ?!?

3 Likes

I’ve yet to come across anything I want that badly

It’s merch, people! (To them, not the people in this thread)

I’ve been disappointed not to find the thing I’m after. But I’ve never gone third party and mega markup over it. Nope.

5 Likes

This is my thought! A lot of the stuff they get (popcorn buckets, sippers) are practically useless to me and I don’t need to go out of my way to collect crap - I already hoard all the meaningful / sentimental stuff. :joy:

3 Likes

I’m a sentimental hoarder. But, when I’m gone, I don’t need my kids or future grandkids questioning my sanity over a $400 (quadruple priced) Loungefly Peter Pan sparkly backpack. :rofl:

5 Likes

I hope this link works. I thought they were cute!

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/03/03/epcots-8-flower-and-garden-scavenger-hunt-is-worth-the-prize/

4 Likes

Oh thank you for the link ! The first plate makes me think of old Florida. Too many good choices; drat!

1 Like

They’re all so cute! My daughter and I might have to both play!

1 Like

I’m avoiding the new Minnie Mouse Kate spade bag myself. It’s only in DS which is no good right now.

7 Likes

I really LIKE that one! I’m not big on the D&B bags, but that Kate Spade is one I would get.

2 Likes

I really, really like those but would I really carry one everyday? Do you know how much?

2 Likes

I think it’s a lot…depending on the bag size. I think the one pictured was $300 but there is a camera bag that’s $195? It’s been awhile since I looked and since it’s at DS and not in the parks I’ve not tempted myself more. A CM at HS told me all Kate spade was pulled off the shelves in the parks and and sent to DS. I think you can find them online too.

2 Likes

These are adorable. :heart_eyes: All of Kate Spade’s stuff is steep! Thank you. I will just admire.

2 Likes