First trip questions

My vote is for both! Although if you really, truly have to limit it to one then I personally would pick the Blue Bayou package as regular FastPass for F! is a huge pain plus takes so much more time vs. the ease of a dining package- the biggest downside (cost aside) being that even with the F! dining package you’re sitting on the ground & those cobblestones are not kind on the tush (the seat cushion they give you with the BB package only is helpful though!).

World of Color is a lot more feasible to see from a FastPass spot but the actual, physical seat at the dessert party is worth the price of the dessert party, so if budget allows for both, I would definitely splurge. But know that for the same time commitment & freedy free $ you can get a similar view (standing though) to see the same show.

2 Likes

So if you read the TP FANTASMIC! description it lists 5 ways to see the show - one of which is Cafe Orleans dining package. I had been planning on that restaurant choice as it seemed a better value than Blue Bayou and much more appealing food options than HB or RBT. However, seeing no one mention that option in this thread made me go back to the CO menu and realize there’s no mention of the F! package on it. Is it still available? Does TP have inaccurate info posted on the F! blurb?

BB package seems very expensive for what you’re getting. The only way to actually get $69 of value from the a la carte menu is to order the surf n turf. Would much prefer the CO menu!

Thanks…

1 Like

Right now, only Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace are listed on the Disneyland website as being available for Fantasmic! Dining packages, with Hungry Bear as the only option for an “On-the-Go” package. It looks like Cafe Orleans was added while Hungry Bear was under refurbishment in 2017, so it looks like the TP site just has outdated info. I’m sure they’d appreciate it if you flagged the article so they can update it.

You may, however, be able to view Fantasmic! from Cafe Orleans if you time it just right. I haven’t seen recent reports of people doing this though.

2 Likes

Blockquote Right now, only Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace are listed on the Disneyland website as being available for Fantasmic! Dining packages,

HA, you’d think I’d think to go check the actual DLR site, but nope, I just assume TP is the sole source of info. Thanks!

The CO option was one where you could get the package anytime after 11:30, so I was planning on eating early in the day and getting a FP to use at showtime somewhere closer to the Rivers. Now I have to decide whether to suck it up and pay a somewhat absurd amount of $$$ for the BB package, or get the inferior food of RBT / HB.

Thanks for the assist!

1 Like

While HB is no BB, they recently tweaked On-the-Go package menu and we found all the changes to be improvements. Instead of riblets they now have ribs for example & now have mashed potatoes and a vegetable and cornbread instead of the salad that I saw still posted on a lot of the sources I was looking at recently. The price is also extremely reasonable and if you get there early (7:50-ish for a 9pm show) you can get just as front & just about as center as BB’s seating as the 2 sections border each other. And even if arriving at 8:10-8:20 you’ll have a fantastic view of the show.

2 Likes

My family actually preferred the food at RBT over BB.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input - I was going by the user rankings of “#20 out of 20” for table service restaurants in all Disney. Good to know perhaps I should take these ratings with a grain of salt!

2 Likes