First Timers - Help on Which Parks to Visit Each Day Please! (4 + 1/3 days)

The TTC is the Ticket and Transportation Center. You cannot park at MK, you park at the TTC and then take a monorail or boat to the MK.

Okay, just checked and it will cost us less to extend our rental car than it would to be taking cabs so we’ll have our own wheels!

Also it’s a dead easy swap to go with Trail’s End on Wed and Sanaa at 5:10pm on Fri. So with that in mind If we’ve got our own car…

• What’s the ideal Boma reservation time to follow Fantasmic on Th?

• What would be the ideal reservation time for Trail’s End following MK on Wed with our own car?

• What time do we need to leave POFQ to be at Sanaa at 5:10 on Fri with our own car? About when should we be likely to get back into the park itself following? (MK) Taking into consideration what you’ve said about TTC transport and/or parking at Contemporary?

If Fantasmic is at 7, Boma at 8:30 or 8:45 should be fine. Think Fantasmic is about 30 minutes, and then it takes awhile to get out of the stadium and the park. Getting to your car depends on where you are parked- if you arrive first thing in the morning and are there all day, you will most likely be parked in one of the first rows so easy to walk out of the park and to car. If parked in a lot further from the entrance you will probably want to take the tram to your car. It will take you 15 minutes once out of the parking lot to get to AKL. If the 8:45 is still available, maybe switch to that to give yourself a few more minutes.
Fireworks on your arrival day sounds great. They should be at 8pm and last about 20 minutes. I would watch them closer to Main Street than to the castle as leaving after Wishes takes awhile. The closer you are to the exit, the quicker you will be out of the park. Here’s where the parking thing gets tricky. Because you have to park at the TTC, and because there is a body of water separating those 2 things, you will need to take the monorail or the boat back to the TTC and then walk or tram to your car. This takes time. If you are already at MK, I think actually taking the boat to Ft. Wilderness will be the fastest. I am unclear though on if you can get back to the TTC later. As for parking at the Contemporary so your car is just a walk away from MK: you can valet park there for $20 plus a tip when they retrieve your car. This is by far the fastest way out of MK. There is a path between the two. The only tricky thing is you might need an ADR at the Contemporary in order to enter their parking lot. Usually you just say I am going to valet and there are no issues. Don’t mention going to MK though, just say you are eating/visiting the resort. Since it is a slow time now you should be fine, but if you want to guarantee you can park there, book an ADR for 1 at the Wave for the time you plan on arriving. You will have to eat the $10 no show fee though. I would make an ADR for no earlier than 9:30.
I would allow at least 30 minutes to drive from POFQ to AKL, park at Kidani Village and get to Sanaa. They have underground parking. I would allow 60-90 minutes for each table service meal. 60 is the norm for us, but we don’t linger long. It will take you about 20 minutes to get back to the Comtemporary (if valet parked earlier) or to the TTC. Then monorail or boat to the MK. I wouldn’t plan on being in the MK before 7:30. This is why we eat in the park or very close, you lose so much time in travel and eating.
I hope this helps you and isn’t too confusing!

1 Like

Hi Grumpy! We are taking our kids (ages 2 and 4) for the first time in Feb and am glad that you use the same plan as us - we hope to make RD and head back to the resort around noon for naps/decompress. Sorry to hijack this thread but what time do you recommend going back to the park? We were thinking around 430-5ish?

I guess it depends on the park and closing hours. If it’s MK or DHS that close later you might go back later. If AK that closes early maybe earlier. Might depend on your dinner plans.

Now that we’re driving, for Sat. Epcot is it worth the extra walk from the Boardwalk parking lot to save time getting out and on the road after Illuminations? (via the international gateway)

With a speedy exit in mind (we’re doing EMH the following day at AK) what would be our best bet for a viewing spot that doesn’t require staking it out more than 45 min in advance?