First timer- surprise trip!

I’ve spent quite a bit of time this weekend preparing for our trip next wednesday! Getting very excited. My biggest concern right now is getting from LAX to Grand Californian on Wednesday night, but we’re planning on taking an uber so I’m hoping it’s not too terrible.
I am so happy avenger’s campus no longer has a standby line to enter the land.
I like the fact that there seems to be plenty of rides DS2 can do while we’re waiting for DS6 to do some of the bigger rides.
We are a little concerned about the time difference. The boys rarely sleep in past 6 eastern time,so we’re going to hope for a little magic to keep them in bed just a little later. We are planning on long breaks after lunch for naps.
I’m going to work on packing this week - trying to get by with just one carry-on then a couple of backpacks since it’s just a short trip.
Still trying to figure out the food - given the way our family likes to eat, we will likely be doing lots of snacks and not trying to get any table service this trip.

3 Likes

Good luck! I’m going to LAX tomorrow so hopefully I will have a minute to check out the Uber situation and the walk to LAX-It as promised. I’ll report back. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’re awesome, @Jeff_AZ!!!

2 Likes

My two cents. DS’s first trip, we landed in LAX from FL at 10:30ish at night. I had a service pick us up and take us to DGC. It ended up being no more than a 20 minute drive (:exploding_head:) and our driver was waiting for us when we deplaned. It was superb. It was about 7 years ago, so it might have been before Cali had Ubers.

I know the airport in Vegas always has a nasty long Uber line (pre-covid) and there were a few “Uber thieves”. Just throwing another option out there.

1 Like

Ok - we’ll be landing around 7/7:30 ish Pacific time.

Can you tell me more about having a service pick you up? How do you find the service? I know this sounds ridiculous but I have zero experience in this area.

We all have zero experience at some point! It’s why I’m always here learning new things! :blush:

I used a limo service, but they also had regular town car and SUV service as well. (I originally wanted an SUV but splurged for the limo for DS’s first limo ride to be tied with his first Disneyland trip.)

I’m pretty sure I used Car Service LAX to Disneyland - Flat Rates. Child Seats Available It’s saying $89 LAX to Disney. 7:30 shouldn’t be too horrible (though late your time, I know!) traffic wise. It should just be clearing up.

3 Likes

THANK YOU!!! I’m looking into this right now.

2 Likes

This is likely the best bet for us - we may still uber back to LAX Saturday morning but I think this is the best bet for Wednesday night.

2 Likes

$89 is a great rate, even compared to Uber. I’d jump on that. And you probably won’t hit much traffic at 8pm. (Knock on wood.) I would expect an hour and if it is half that, fantastic.

2 Likes

We were super happy. I normally hate LA/LAX and all the traffic associated with them, but this service really was seamless and I still can’t get over how quickly we were at the hotel!

1 Like

Does this service pick you up at the same place as uber or is it in a different location (at LAX)

On the website, it says to call when you have your luggage and they will already be there (they track your flight info). Once you call, they’ll have someone waiting curbside outside baggage claim.

2 Likes

From the very bottom of that same page

1. Arrive at the airport

We use flight tracking software and will be at the airport when you land.

2. Get your luggage

Pickup your luggage at the baggage claims area.

3. Contact us

Call us at 800-878-1995. Your driver will be directed to meet you.

4. Meet your driver

Meet your driver curbside in front of the baggage claim area and enjoy your ride.

1 Like

AWESOME!!
Thank you.

1 Like

By the way, on the way back to the airport, Uber can drop you off at the terminal. So Uber is a decent option for the return trip.

2 Likes

For anyone just glancing at this, the $89 was the rate for the sedan. Other car types are priced here

3 Likes

I just checked and it looks like my plane is due to arrive at 6:45 PM - should I book the car for 7 or a little later?

2 Likes

You give them your flight number and give you their phone number so they will know when to pick you up. I would say 7pm as a general note.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Just booked it! :slight_smile: I spent the extra $5 to get the midsized SUV since we’ll have a carseat and a booster.

2 Likes