First Timer in need of guidance please, my FPP day is in 15 days

Yes, I feel like I’m about to mess up.

That’s your ego talking. Tell it to be quiet :slight_smile:

After some thought I’m going with a keeping my options open plan. Staying with HS on our first day as there’s a chance we might be able to do everything we want there on the same day. Will do FPP for am in case we want to rest in the afternoon, and keeping both breakfast and lunch ADR’s a possibility. I’m probably going to switch Fri & Sat, trying to make my plan have less have too’s. I might now be 1 ADR short, but it’s a more flexible, and it’s not the end of the world if we don’t make use of early EMH.

@Tate, hang in there! The better we plan, the more we’re afraid to mess up, ironically! You’ve got this. :slight_smile:

We picked up a day-of FPP for F! late afternoon on our trip (CL similar to yours). So, that might be a middle ground between standby and eating constantly at H&V! :wink:

Friday the 16th looks tight to me with lunch ADRs and two FPP windows right after. When you actually book, they might be 10 min or so off of what you want, and they are not allowed to overlap. Could you get an even earlier lunch to give yourself some breathing room? Just a thought!

1 Like

Looks good! Just one note about FPPs at MK – given your girls’ ages, are you considering any of the princess meet and greets? If so, you might consider getting a fast pass for one of those, since those fast passes do tend to go well in advance. Other rides you have fast passes for tended to have great same day availability when we were there – Pirates of the Caribbean being best example. That may be somewhat crowd level dependent, but given that the standby line for Pirates was typically shorter than many other lines, I would consider taking the risk, getting a more high demand FPP now and trying for Pirates as your 4th and up fast pass of the day.

1 Like

Thank you @dpolletta @rmfluh @bswan26 @gabmom @JustKeepSmiling
I’m feeling happier about my plan now, I’ve changed park days for a few days, creating more flexibility, less planned evenings at the parks, and greater chance of a FEA FPP I think, but I no longer have an evening in EP. I haven’t re done my TP’s yet, but I still have 2 weeks. Does this look better please?
@dpolletta I will be looking for a POTC 4th FPP on Friday, I’m hoping to RD MK enough times that we can fit anything in. As I don’t know what the girls would like I’ll go for the hard to get ones for the last 2 days. Not sure if I should go for later FPP for MK on Tues 20th in case we want to visit a different park first, though at CL10 everywhere an afternoon at the hotel sounds more appealing.
@rmfluh thank you. I am a bit worried about the closeness of my FPP times, I imagine I’ll have to do lots of adjusting.

Tue 13th

• Arrive at Poly 7pm ish, from UK 5hrs ahead, so will feel like midnight.
    Wed 14th
  • HS CL6, ADR 8:15am H&V, FPP 9-11am TSMM ST FF&TOT, ADR 3:40pm Sci Fi, Fantasmic 7pm, SW Fireworks?.
    Thu 15th
  • MK CL5, ADR 8:25am BOG, AK CL3 ADR 1:55pm Tuskers, FPP 3-6pm Saf EE&Dino ROL, ROL?.
    Fri 16th
  • MK CL6, EMH, FPP 9-11am 7DM Belle Splash, afternoon at hotel, Kids Club, ADR 5:45pm Kona, relaxing evening or Fireworks somewhere.
    Sat 17th
  • AK/HS/WP or Lie in, EP CL7, FPP SE Nemo TT/FEA, ADR 1:30pm Coral Reef, ADR 5:15pm Ohana, relaxing evening.
    Sun 18th
  • Small lie in, EP CL10, FPP 9-11am LWTL Soarin Fig, rest, MK CL8, 3pm parade, Dummy FPP, ADR 6:10pm BOG, MVMCP.
    Mon 19th
  • Lie in or AK/HS/WP, EP CL10, FPP MS FEA SE, ADR lunch Akershus, relaxing evening or Fireworks somewhere.
    Tue 20th
  • MK CL10, FPP 9-12pm PP&Space Splash POTC, Rest, ADR 5:40pm ParkFare, maybe fireworks.
    Wed 21st - MK CL10, FPP 9-11am 7DM PP BMR, leave lunchtime.

Generally looks good. A few things I noticed…

WS in the PM is one of my absolute favorite things to do, but it’s more of an “adult thing”, eating, drinking, and exploring the shops. And Illuminations - my personal favorite of the WDW PM shows. It may not be a serious loss for kids.

For me, BOG was about seeing the inside of the castle, not the food - although I haven’t done dinner there yet. If you have a serious BatB fan I could maybe see doing it twice in one trip (and Beast is there at dinner), but for me it was one and done.

For some reason “WP” is escaping me, but starting at AK, then hopping to EP, then going to Ohana for dinner seems like a lot of hopping. DHS to EP is a much easier hop than AK to EP. But if you’re driving, it probably doesn’t make that much of a difference.

I don’t see any FPPs for KS. If Saf=KS, then ignore this comment.

If you have a lunch ADR at Akershus, and you have 3 FPPS prior to that, I think you need to go straight to EP and not try to fit a different park in before. I don’t “see” much time in your plan to explore WS; as long as you are there for lunch, I recommend part of your “relaxing” afternoon might be spent with a leisurely stroll around WS and maybe catching one or two of the live shows (and maybe an “adult beverage” or two in the process). Illuminations is definitely worth seeing; maybe considering just staying in EP and catch the “fireworks” there. But this might be too much for your “littles” without a hotel break.

I’ve lost track (if I knew) what your dates are. ROL is a major question. Based on “rumors” from the insiders group, if you are going after mid Nov, then there is a good chance that ROL will be showing. If this is the case, see if you can swap your TH ADR for a TH dining package ADR, otherwise definitely plan on using a FPP for this. If you’re going in early Nov, 50/50 for ROL. If before Nov, probably not going to happen. NO ONE has reliable “inside info” on these dates.

SE is an excellent ride, but despite its name, it has virtually nothing to do with “space”; it’s a history of human communications (although it does have a “space” scene at the end). The name is actually a metaphor for the planet Earth being a spaceship of humanity traveling through the universe.

Certainly not “the end of the universe”, but I find the most valuable touring times to be during AM EMH. But DON’T go to an AM EMH park if you’re not going to be there for EMH - unless you don’t care about the RD benefits for touring.

Thank you @bswan26 I appreciate the help.
I need to work out my EP TP plans, I’m not yet sure whether my FPP will be before or after lunch. DD7 is interested in everything, however DD5 would get bored in WS, I’m hoping she will nap in the buggy. From the plan at the top of this post, I’ve removed our EP evening where we would definitely have seen Illuminations, however we now have more evenings at the hotel and one where the kids are in club so if we aren’t too tired it might be a possibility then.
BOG breakfast is because it’s pre rope drop and our first morning in MK. BOG dinner because they sell alcohol.
WP is waterpark, it’s included in our ticket, we’ve never been to anywhere on that scale, however only DD7 & myself would enjoy it, and I can’t imagine we’d want more than 90 mins there. If we go I’ll probably leave DH & DD5 behind. Yes KS is Saf, still learning my acronyms.
I’m not sure we will park hop on Sat or Mon, it’s there as a back up incase we want to go back to AK or HS. I am a little sad that we now only have half a day in AK, I do have ADR’s for Sanaa & Boma too, and I did initially book a split stay at AKL. We all love animals, however I’m trying to follow the policy that less is more.
Our dates are Wed 14th until Wed 21st Dec, arriving Tues night and leaving Wed lunchtime for a week with my DIL’s in Tampa. We won’t attempt ROL unless we have a FP or DP. I think I will drop our H&V Fantasmic package but I’ll wait until they announce the fireworks times.
I take your point about SE, it will probably be MS she’ll want to do twice.
I think we will always use EMH if we are going to that park, definely MK EMH on Fri morning, and if we go back to AK on Sat it will be with 8am EMH.
Thank you again. Now to see if I can make TP’s that will fit in with my new plan.