First Timer at Universal, subscription or no?

Do you know if Olivanders is open during the Early Morning time? We just did the show in the hollywood Universal a year ago- it was alright, but not awesome. I bet my daughter would want to skip it, but I love that kind of thing, so…

Do you prefer the Diagon alley Olivanders or the Hogsmeade? We only did the IOA one previously- right when it opened up and we were on a trip there- there was only the Hogsmeade side back then.

Yes it’s open and the one in Diagon Alley is superior. Check out the brooms in the waiting room. Right now I believe it’s one family at a time.

1 Like

@Peggy808 - Agreed… Diagon Alley is the better Olivanders - plus it’s in the thematically “correct” place.

2 Likes

What are the current rules with Olivanders?

A month ago you had to make a reservation and it was one party in a room at a time. I found a review online from 2 weeks ago saying still need a reservation. However, when we were there during early entry we saw a regular line so maybe like hagrids they do line until official open and then by appointment

I just have to chime in that I am 45 years old and running around using my wand, decked out in my robe, gives me some of my happiest Universal moments. Early entry when the crowds are a bit lighter enables you to do more spells with less waiting. And I agree that you definitely must go to the Ollivanders in Diagon Alley.

6 Likes

All I could see online was that you can make a reservation at Carkitt Market- So I’ll keep all that in mind and ask questions since it’s sure to be busy when we get there… Thanks for all the info! So much help!

1 Like