First timer, 3 day cruise

Ride the Aquaduck during the early part of the pirate show, the pools will be closed but it should still be open. There was very little to no line. Also late at night, on the last night of our cruise oldest DD went on it at least 6 times with no lines, it was open until at least 10pm.

I’d love to hear any advice you have! We are taking our first cruise next March on the Fantasy to the eastern caribbean (7 day). I’m planning it for my family (three girls 10,7,6), my father (upper 60’s), and brother and his family (2 kids ages 5 and 9). Right now we are set to fly into Orlando and are taking the Disney transportation, but I wonder if we should use another form of transportation to get there? And…excursion/suggestions or must-dos for San Juan, St. Marten and Castaway Cay would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

I’ve done the Eastern that stops in St. Thomas instead of San Juan, so recommendations for there are second-hand.

St. Maarten/Martin - if you want to be in the water, any of the snorkeling excursions are good. Look for one that goes to Honeymoon Beach. If you’d rather wing it, hire a cab to go to Maho Beach and watch the planes come in, then go to Marigot for lunch (we recommend Serafina’s - a French bakery - on the main drag). Finish up at Orient Bay Beach. You should be able to get a cab for the day for less than $200, way less than you’d spend booking a tour with Disney.

Castaway Cay - We like the sting ray adventure and renting snorkel equipment. Renting bikes is fun too.

San Juan - We recommend the national park and San Cristobal - San Juan National Historic Site (U.S. National Park Service). You can book through Disney, but the National Park Service gives free tours after a $5 admission. Just take a cab there.

1 Like