First time visit

Or you could go to Rockefeller Center and go to top of the Rock to get a great view of Empire State bldg. also you can explore there- huge Lego and Nintendo stores. Even tour NBC studios if you like then walk to Broadway or north to Central Park. It is near MOMA too. You can walk through Central park to the Met museum of art or Museum of Natural History (another must do for many!). Stop for lunch at a Halil Guys food truck (best falafels).

1 Like

One World Trade is beautiful.

Don’t know when you’re going, but if the weather is nice, walking along the High Line is fun.

Most of the other stuff I’d recommend has already been mentioned.

Go to tickets in time square to get same day show tickets at a discount usually 50% off.

Just to clarify, it is TKTS and it’s the white egg-shaped thing under the red stairs. :smiley:

Some tips…

1 - No, Hamilton is NOT going to be up there any time soon. Wicked and The Lion King are not frequent offerings either. I’m not sure Dear Evan Hansen is either.
2 - Know that 50% off is still not cheap. You’re looking at probably at least $75/ticket. And it’s not like going to the theatre box office where you can choose from all available seats. You say you want 4 tickets to Beautiful, the agent will tell you “They are these seats and they are this price.”
3 - Have an idea of what you want to see. There is a board showing what they are currently offering as of that moment. If you have questions about shows, there are people around the boards who can answer questions. THEN is the time to ask “What is X about?”, not when you get to the window.
4 - When you get to the window, the best game plan is to have at least 3 choices - preferably in priority order - because inventory DOES change, and they may already be sold out of one of your preferred shows.

The above tips will make things easier for everyone involved at TKTS.

If you would rather have the experience of doing Rush (lining up before the box office opens) or trying your luck at a ticket Lottery, check out broadwayforbrokepeople.com for info on that.

1 Like

Hi all

So the time is nearing, less than 90 days to our first trip to Disneyworld.

1.What do you guys do with your backpacks when going on rides ?
Our backpacks most likely will have poncho, some snacks, and maybe a water and cooldrink in ? Do you take your backpack with on all the rides, or is there designated places you leave them at each different ride/attraction ?

1. Any suggestions in terms of SIM cars I should buy to have data to send Whatsup/photos and communicate to family.I dont need airtime, just data. Remember I am coming from South Africa.

Thanx again
Lourens

Backpacks can be taken on (nearly) all rides.

Some, like Soarin, have a pocket for them under your seat and if they don’t fit you leave them on the floor (don’t worry, you come back down to the same spot).

FoP has individual lockers before getting on your banshee ride vehicle.

At Kali River Rapids, there are lockers to use. Use them! Your stuff could well get soaked.

For fast rides I put my foot through the strap to make sure it’s OK.

2 Likes

I can’t help with the SIM Cards. If you create a separate topic, you might get more suggestions.
As everyone has said, your backpack will be fine on the rides.

I suggest for Kali River rapids to wear your poncho on the ride. And consider 2 ponchos. when I sat down, my poncho was so short that my butt got wet from the already soaking wet seat.