First time visit: trying to figure out everything?

Oh well I guess that makes sense however that’s not what I was thinking. Also we have already purchased and linked our tickets so I don’t know if that is even possible without losing money. Wish I had thought of that though. Also I didn’t know what the cost of parking was. Wow that’s $120 just to park everyday. Ugh.

Although I haven’t, I know a lot of people upgrade regular tickets to APs once they get there. My understanding is that you just pay the difference between what you have already purchased and the AP.

1 Like

We were mostly planning on dining outside of Disney as everything seems so expensive there. I have one reservation for dining and it is a brunch at Chef Mickey. We wanted breakfast but they haven’t had any available at the time. Also it’s only for 10 and it will not allow me to change it so I am hoping they will let us add an 11th. I am not sure much shopping is going to be on the agenda for us. So if for whatever reason we decide not to use a 2nd day in EP where would you recommend we spend it?

I do have a Frozen fanatic and I know getting the FPP is going to be next to impossible so maybe I will try to break up our party for a FPP for Frozen I don’t know for sure. Also the expected crowd level is a 5 for that day so I am hoping the lines will not be too bad.
We are driving so I am not worried about the monorail or ferry unless we still would need to use it.

Most of the teens are boys anyways so I am sure they will not want to do any of the princess stuff.

When is Rivers of Light supposed to start? I see not showtimes or anything for it as of right now only that it was supposed to debut over the summer.

Ok thank you that is helpful I will look into that more. Definitely with parking. I have a Disney Chase card which gives me something off at certain places but not many places I don’t think.

Also we have a disabled son that will be with us I don’t know if that changes anything. Not entirely sure how that all works or what all he will be able to do but he is a huge Mickey fanatic so if nothing else he will be happy to meet Mickey. I know they have some kind of system for the disabled but again it’s all a bit confusing to me.

Someone else will need to chime in on the DAS system but I will say make sure to put talking Mickey on your touring plan for your little!

Just checked the top and I see you are going on the 29th, have you booked your FPP’s? You might be in luck for a ROL FPP as onsite guests won’t have the advantage. That’s assuming it comes out. It doesn’t seem likely that you will get a FEA FPP but do keep checking. If it’s a must do, then go at Rope drop with your girls while the boys hit Test Track and Mission Space, and then you can all get a Soarin FPP.

For the MK, you have to park at the Ticket and Travel Center (TTC), and the only ways between the parking and the park are the mono or ferry.

The benefit of 2 days at EP is that you will have two RDs and 6 FPPs. As you mentioned you were interested in seeing as many of the Holiday Storytellers as possible, having two afternoons to try to catch them all would be beneficial.

The most accurate answer is that nobody really knows. I spend a lot of time on forums visited by “insiders” who can occasionally “leak” information. The most common belief is that it will officially debut sometime on the weekend of Nov18-20, with possible previews a week or two before. NO clues on FPPs or dining packages.

You would not lose money on the AP. On the first day you go to guest services and tell them you want to upgrade to an AP. They give you full credit for the price you have already paid and you pay the difference in the cost.

1 Like

I’m presuming that if they upgraded 1 ticket to an Annual Pass day 1 at the park, they’d pay for parking the first day at $20 but then it’s free the rest of the way? Or could parking be refunded? Guess it couldn’t hurt to ask…

Depending on plans upgrading at guest services at Disney Springs prior may be a viable alternative to save on parking the first day…

Usually they will refund that first day of parking but Disney Springs is a great idea.

“Disabled” covers a large spectrum. In general Disney goes well out of the way to make as many things as accessible to as many people as possible. One question is if he is in a chair. Virtually all of the queues are wheelchair accessible. If he can transfer or be transferred from the chair to the ride vehicles, then there would be very few that he could not ride from a physical perspective. I have experience with this because my wife’s arthritis requires her to use a scooter for all day park touring, but she is able to get in and out of the various rides on her own. If he is unable to transfer, the there will be some limitations; there are entire pages dedicated to disabled touring, but as I’ve never needed them, I don’t have any links off hand.

I know that there are quite a few threads over on the Lines chat side about special needs touring, with quite a few people that have a lot of experience in this regard. If you post some questions over there, a lot more people will see them, and you should get many answers.

1 Like

Where is the Lines chat? I would definitely like to read more about it but yes he is in a wheelchair.

http://m.touringplans.com/wdw#_chat_page_1