First Time Trip - Ton of questions

DLH - Where do you find the pool hours? Are the monorail slides usually open late?
How likely to get a room upgrade (a week out and seems all levels of rooms are still available)?

Breakfast - best options for early breakfast (hearty type - eggs etc) so we can rope drop?

Weekend halloween fireworks at DL - do people usually leave after or do most stay til park close? Dont want to be stuck in a gridlock exiting so not sure if its better to linger after show

Anyone know if the dining locations at disney code as restaurants (instead of entertainment/travel) when you pay with credit cards?

2 Likes

The best way is to ask or call the front desk, but here is a recent answer to a question on the Plan Disney Panel (formerly Disney Parks Moms Panel):

The current pools hours are 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The water slide hours are 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Please note, pool hours and slide operating times vary by season and are subject to change.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/times-pools-disneyland-hotel-open-462310/

There will be a HUGE crush of people exiting directly after the fireworks, though many people remain afterward. I wouldn’t leave right after fireworks OR right at closing.

This will vary by credit card. I just checked my Amex and they code as “other purchases” for purposes of my rewards (1%), which is the same as other restaurants, but my card does not have a special category for restaurants or travel. For budgeting purposes, they were assigned the Restaurants category (for loading in Quicken or Mint, etc.).

2 Likes