First Time to DL

I will be in town for work, and only have 1 free day during mid November. My coworkers and I were planning on just focusing on DL, the holiday overlays and treats, and the rides that are different from WDW. I have been trying to study Maxpass, which we will all be getting. Are there any suggestions for the order? Should we get the hopper for DCA? I’m nervous it would be too much for just 1 day. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

Have you been to DLR before? If you know what you want to do, you can definitely park hop, as I demonstrated in my solo trip report.

However, in a mixed group with first-timers, you are probably better off focusing on just one park, and Disneyland would probably be your best bang for your buck. There are more attractions and more of the classics there.

Also, here’s my MaxPass priority listing. You can ignore RotR since it won’t be open yet (assuming this November?). Definitely plan to spend a couple hours in SWGE and get a reservation for the Cantina ASAP if you haven’t yet. (Keep checking if there aren’t any left.)

Adults tend to enjoy the thrill rides more, but don’t overlook some of the classic Fantasyland rides, as well as Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion (which has a higher wait in November due to the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay - make sure you get a fastpass relatively early in the day), and Buzz Lightyear. Personally, I’d skip Dumbo, Carousel, ToonTown, etc.

Also, a group of adults would probably appreciate a table service dining experience, anything from Blue Bayou (get a reservation ASAP!) to River Belle Terrace or Plaza Inn. Or perhaps better yet, try something in Downtown Disney like Black Tap, Naples, or Ballast Point.

1 Like

Thanks so much. Yes, this November. And none of us have been to disneyland before. I’ll definitely check out those restaurants!!

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Thank goodness you got here in time! :wink:

The only thing I would add is that if you don’t anticipate coming back to DLR in the near future, you might want to take a peek into DCA to visit Cars Land. It’s pretty cool especially lit up at night! It’s definitely a priorities game if you just have one day.

1 Like