First time park hopper with Fast Pass+

Good Morning,

We are traveling to Disney with a mixed generation crowd: my wife and me, my parents, and my 2 sons (age 5/8). This will be the boys 2nd time to Disney but the youngest was only 2 when we went last time. We are going in the middle of March 2020. Currently, crowd calendar is estimating 9/10 crowds which is super discouraging because I assumed it wouldn’t be very crowded since it was earlier than most public school spring breaks.

We are staying at Boardwalk for 7 nights. Big priority for my parents and wife is good food and character meals and try to plan around restaurants and parks. We save a bunch of $$ to eat at the signature restaurants as much as possible. This is main reason my parents enjoy Disney is to watch their grandkids and be foodies. Please give me feedback for this potential plan.

Day 0 (arrival ) - Dinner @ Artist Point

Day 1 - EMH @ AK until ~2. Lunch at AK lodge. Park hop to HS and use our FP+. Dining reservations at Hollywood & Vine w/Fantasmic Package.

Day 2 - Early breakfast @ Cinderalla (if we can get it) or Crystal Palace. MK until ~1. Mid day break/nap/swim for kids. Epcot ~4PM and use FP+. Dinner @ Yachtsman/France/Le Cellier

Day 3- Rest morning. Mid morning breakfast at Trattoria. Swim. MK ~3PM w/3 FP+ Dinner @ Be Our Guest 5PM. EMH until midnight. .

Day 4 - Rope Drop @ Epcot. Breakfast snack at France Bakery. Lunch @ Mexico. Park Hop to AK ~2. Dinner @ Tiffins5PM. FP+ saved for AK.

Day 5 - EMH @ MK (7AM) Mid day rest. Dinner @ Disney Springs @5. Park hop to HS w/3FP+ and Star Wars fireworks show.

Day 6 - Unsure which park to go to this AM. I think it will depend on what rides we are able to get coordinated w/FP. Park hop to MK w/ 3FP+. Dinner @ California Grill @ 8PM to coordinate with watching fireworks from Contemporary.

I’m a little concerned about Hollywood Studios and riding everything since the tier system excludes almost every ride. Hopefully the Mickey & Minnie Runaway train will be open by mid-March too. I’m assuming Galaxy’s Edge will still be really busy since the 2nd ride will only have been open for 90 days.

Thanks for reading!

-Justin

Great plan! I might consider using your FPs early at MK on day two and grabbing day of FPs at EP. With the tiers, there is limited options at EP.

1 Like

How late is HS open on Day 5? By the time you finish dinner at DS and get to HS, it could be 7 pm. Would you have enough time to do what you wanted that evening? Also, check show times, some of them don’t go all the way until park close.

1 Like

I think normal 8:30?

But that’s a good point. Probably trying to cram a lot in there. The fast passes as HS seem kind of moot since you can only choose 1 ride. If the new Mickey train is open, I’m sure it will also be a Tier 1 fast pass.