First time going in December- Candlelight Processional Dining Packages

When I got on at 7:00 the reservations were giving me errors, probably still loading my dates, for 10 minutes or so. Unfortunately I couldn’t just pound on it continually, and when I returned 15 minutes later it looked like everything on my dates was gone.

Is there a way to put this into the Reservation Finder? I didn’t see any entry for Candlelight Dinner package, and I’d guess that just adding one of the restaurants won’t get it since it has to be booked as Candlelight package.

BTW - yes, this is pretty much what I expected with only 4 restaurants offering the package, and basically everything coming available at the same time. :man_shrugging:

I noticed reservations opened up early. I booked at 445 central time and ask that was available was a couple garden grill dinners and coral reef lunches (for 12/4). Now, it’s showing zero availability at ANY Epcot restaurant. Crazy

1 Like

Over on chat there are a lot of frustrated Liners. Many of us got nothing but error codes no matter what IT tricks we tried. Now I no longer get an error code but my dates are sold out.

No way to look for a CP package on TP ressie finder or Mousekepros.

Feeling Grinchy this morning.

3 Likes

I still find it very hard to believe that these all completely sold out prior to 5:40am this morning when they weren’t even bookable from the CP page. I have been refreshing since 5:50ish and never saw a single Biergarten. I haven’t seen anyone on FB or chat that booked one either. I still think they haven’t been loaded correctly.

3 Likes

I was scrolling random days and I only saw 1 Biergarten reservation for the entire 10 days of our stay and it was lunch on one of our non Epcot days.

Same experience here and I also didn’t have the highest hopes. I might stalk it today just in case because I agree that it’s hard to believe SO many were gone ahead of 7am.

2 Likes

lol. I briefly saw another garden grill res pop up when I changed out party size to 5 from 4. But nothing for a party of 4. Disneys reservation system is weird

In total frustration I called the dining number and was told it would be a 2 hour wait!

1 Like

Now it apparently says if you are calling about CP they are all sold out.

Again, grinchy. (Think there should be an “e” in there? Grinchey?)

2 Likes

I missed out on all the Candlelight Processional Dining Packages. I’m strongly disinterested in waiting (for hours) to do standby seating, but would love to be able to sit somewhere outside the theater to listen to the music. Would it be possible to eat at Regal Eagle and hear the performance? What about Spice Road Table? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Somewhere in the American Adventure courtyard, possibly table outside in front of Regal Eagle (I’m not sure how things are arranged now, since I haven’t been to WDW since the before-fore times). Inside the Regal Eagle you probably don’t get much of the sound and too much other noise. Spice Road Table is too far with too many other intervening sources of noise. I’m sure you wouldn’t see anything from there.

I’m thinking stand-by may be easier this year with fewer restaurants offering the package, or we’ll mill around in the courtyard. We’ve seen the show several times so it won’t be too disappointing if we miss it this year.

1 Like

I had a TA trying for us, and I was trying too, and nothing! I’m not sure that my kids will be interested (they are older teens) but I’m never ever in WDW during the holidays, so I was hopeful.

One thought- if they really have very few “packages” being sold, perhaps the walk-up option will be easier? I’m not waiting in line for more than an hour for seating at this thing.

Disney IT again… what a mess. I even checked at about 440A Disney time before I went to bed (I live in Hawaii time zone) and there was nothing, but that could just be because I didn’t try hard enough/stay with it long enough. Maybe I secretly didn’t want to drop over $250 on dinner lol!

1 Like

Also I’m not buying the whole “sold out entirely” thing… I’m looking at two Epcot dates- 12/4 and 12/12, and there are barely any reservations at all on the 12th, certainly none for the CP, but on 12/4, there is not one reservation at all! Table of 4… Not buying it.

1 Like

Just by sure luck I was able to secure an ADR for the CP. I got Garden Grill on 12/5 which was not my 1st choice but that’s ok, I am happy to have something. Thanks to everyone on chat for giving the hints on how to get it. Why must we always have to jump thru hoops, nothing is ever easy with Disney IT.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s the exact day I was looking for. Want to adopt a daughter for the day? :rofl:

Glad you were able to get one. I struck out for every single day that week.

1 Like

So, just for my edification, how are people searching? I’ve done it on both the website and the app, and procedures are different.

On the website you go to the CP page to search availability and it has you select the restaurant before doing search. On the iOS app you just select the day and lunch or dinner and it searches all 4 restaurants - maybe?. I have not had a successful hit yet, and as a programmer I have my doubts about how they’ve implemented the search. The app interface is much more efficient to get denied!

I’ve tried searching just through the regular dining search on the web and also by going to the CP page and selecting the Restaurant. I don’t think they have ever been bookable from the app even in the before times.

It acts like it should in the app, but I of course have no proof that it would work. In the past I think I’ve always booked it through DVC member services phone line, but the wait is interminable at this time.

1 Like