First time flying to Disney

Sanford isn’t far from WDW :wink: Enjoy your visit w/ your son!

1 Like

We rented a car from Turo for our Oahu trip next month. We have always rented through Costco. But it would have costed us $150/day!!! This will be our first time renting from Turo. Turo is costing $50/day and we found a car 0.4 miles from our hotel. He is letting us park at his place for $10/day. Our hotel is charging $40/day to park.

Oh yes! Did we mention the parking fees (unless you’re staying on DVC points)?

1 Like

We had a similar issue. Finally remembered to bring our I-pass transponder from Illinois which works with the FL system, but somehow it didn’t pick up for one toll, costing me $12 in toll plus fine from the rental agency. I was willing to pay $12 not to argue it out however. If you take the transponder from the rental company they charge a per-day fee whether you use it each day or not. So in past when forgetting our own transponder, I’ve just paid the toll+fines since we only used toll roads to and from the airport. Worked out to less than renting a transponder for the whole week. I don’t know how much it costs to get a FL transponder in advance but that might be worth looking at for frequent visitors. In IL it’s pretty cheap.

At MCO you can get a Visitor Toll Pass for free. You just pay the cost of the tolls.

Yeah we were at Boardwalk Villa in December 2020 and we went to several resorts and they always let us park after scanning our magic bands and seeing that we were staying on property. One time, we drove to Animal Kingdom Resort and security asked us why we were there and we said, “zebra domes” and he let us in. I have a need, a need for zebra domes.

3 Likes

yah, and I think it’s 25 bucks per day if you are at a deluxe resort.

Try to make a reservation as soon as possible (we’ve booked through Expedia and directly through the agencies) and just make sure you can cancel without penalty and then just keep looking to see if prices drop. I don’t think you will find something less that 700 to 800 bucks for a week. It’s been my experience that car rentals do not decrease the closer you get to your dates.

I love autoslash.com - you can get a rental through them, but even if you don’t, they can monitor your reservation and let you know if the price drops. Just make sure you make your booking with free cancellation (if you book through them it’s always free cancellations, and they can show Costco pricing, AARP, etc).

Pre-COVID, it was amazing. Even now it’s pretty good, but with all the car shortages the deals aren’t quite as good.

It is

How is he doing? Woodrow, right? I’m still disappointed we couldn’t find him in January.

2 Likes

He’s fine! He loves his job! Woodrow has extended through January, and he’s applying for part or full time, so you may get another chance to find him. He wants to be a Wilderness Explorer guide or a trail guide where there are birds, LOL. But he really loves the custodial team and experience. His favorite place to be stationed is Discovery Island – likes the music and occasional dance party, LOL!

4 Likes

I will be looking for him in a couple of weeks!

2 Likes

I will definitely look for him this summer!

1 Like