First time doing split stay- Dilemma

OK need some advice…This is the first time I am doing a split stay. Arriving on 4/25 staying at All Star Movies then 4/26 switching to SSR. What is the easiest way to do this switch? I really would like to do in person check in at SSR as this is my son and I’s first trip back together since 2009. My husband passed away in 2013 and we had to sell our DVC membership and we always stayed in the Springs building 6 when we stayed at SSR. ( i have already done my TP room request), but would really like to try to stay in that building to make this trip even more special. So should I just get an UBER that morning and do the switch or take Disney transportation???

If you have a specific request, you are better to make that request ahead of time. Waiting until check-in will be too late, in that your room will already have been assigned.

Not to say that checking-in in person isn’t a good idea, because if you don’t get what you were hoping for, you could ask if you can switch.

However, in case you weren’t aware, at some DVC resorts cash bookings are always a particular category. And at SSR they did change the categories so that Congress Park and The Springs are in the Preferred Category for members. It might be a good idea to check what category the building you used to stay at is in, and whether it is available for cash bookings.

As to your actual question, I would use Uber. That way you can take your luggage with you and leave them at Bell Services if your room isn’t ready.

Thanks,

My SSR is rented points thru a friend and I actually made the reservations myself thru DVC with her information and mine and requested that building at the time. I do have a Preferred Studio booked

1 Like