First time @ Disney World - Bugs Question

Too soon. Still.

I did see a snake there once. We were at Eagle Pines golf course. Thankfully, I was in the cart. Whew! That was close.

Hahahahaha ā€¦ oh my. I live in Tennessee where the critters are almost as plentiful, varied, and creepy as in Florida. Just the other day, as I was coming up our front walk, the ā€œgarden hoseā€ lying on the sidewalk all of the sudden slithered off. I think I woke the entire neighborhood, and my DH nearly peeā€™d himself laughing at me. I almost needed CPR ā€¦

But Florida has Palmetto bugs. Oh my :scream: goodness. We were staying in New Smyrna Beach many, many years ago, in a high rise condo on the beach, on the 12th floor, when I had my first encounter with one. I did a flat-footed leap from the floor to the back of the sofa, and I was 7 1/2 months pregnant!

I am a walking mosquito gourmet buffet usually. They :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: me to death! But I have never been bitten at all in any of our trips to WDW, which is utterly amazing.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve lived in Australia for 30 years and grew on farms. Almost all of our snakes are venomous, not just a handful like in Florida! Iā€™ve also managed to not be killed by any of the deadly spiders, sharks, crocs, dingoes fish, jellyfish, octopus, stingrays, scorpionsā€¦ Probably forgot something else dangerousā€¦
I think youā€™ll be fine.

2 Likes

I had a great vacation in Australia back in 2002. Before I left I read horror stories of funnel web spiders in your shoes and so on.

Had a great time, never saw a bug or snake or spider of any kind. Got bitten more the other night at home in the UK (by mosquitos) than I did in three weeks in Australia.

Not to mention the new flesh-eating sea fleas that were on the news yesterday :fearful:

2 Likes

If you made it out of Australia without ever seeing a Huntsman spiderā€¦ bless you my child, the bug gods are clearly in your favor.

2 Likes

Umm snakes?.. should I unclick my ground floor request at POFQ? :grimacing:

1 Like