First Time AP Purchaser Questions

I apologize since I know this question has been asked a million times, but I can’t seem to find the answer by searching. So… I decided to add a question. :slight_smile:

First time AP purchasers! We recieved the vouchers in the mail, and the APs are showing up in MDE, allocated to the appropriate people. Do I still need to go to guest services at a park to activate? If so, does everyone need to be there, or can I go and get everyone’s activated? We are staying at AoA - is there anywhere to do it there? Also, when / where can I buy TiW? I’m guessing we will eat at AoA before we get to a park, and I know it works at their food court so if possible I would like to get before going to a park.

And, another AP question - I remember reading something about AP’s only getting a certain number of FPPs. Is this still the case if we are staying onsite? And will I be able to schedule FPPs at 60 days even though I won’t be at a park to activate yet?

Thank you!!

Rachel

[quote=“rseale81, post:1, topic:12681”]
Do I still need to go to guest services at a park to activate?[/quote]
Yes, as of last September (last time I purchased an AP) you still needed to go to Guest Services to activate your pass.

If so, does everyone need to be there, or can I go and get everyone’s activated?[/quote]
Yes. Once in awhile someone reports being able to pick up a

We are staying at AoA - is there anywhere to do it there? Also, when / where can I buy TiW?[/quote]
Nope. You have to activate a Guest Services at one of the parks. You don’t actually have to enter that park, but that’s where you activate your pass. You can also purchase Tables in Wonderland at a Guest Services relation.

And will I be able to schedule FPPs at 60 days even though I won’t be at a park to activate yet?[/quote]
Yes, any resort guest with valid park admission linked to their MDE account can schedule FPP at 60 days.

pass for a spouse or child, but I wouldn’t count on it. You’re supposed to show ID to prove that you’re really you.

1 Like

Congrats on your APs!!! :smile:

1 Like

Bring your photo ID, the credit card that you used and all the MBs as well. You can also activate at GS at DTD.

1 Like

Thank you all!!! I’m so excited! :slight_smile: This will be our “big trip” of the year, and I’m really excited to plan some shorter ones - maybe even one with just me and DH!! Also, I just want to be sure - I’ll be able to book 10 days of FPP at 60 days since I’m staying onsite?

Hi Everyone - I am also the proud new owner of a Premier AP. Yay! With four trips on the calendar (two are conferences), it made sense! I have been a Disneyland AP holder before but never WDW. So… a couple of questions.

1- Can I still make FP+s 60 days out if I’m staying at a resort?
2-Are unlimited photo downloads included like they are at DLR? Not sure what the official name for it is at WDW.

Anything else I should know? I just returned from DLR but won’t be at “The World” until October, so we’re a ways out from our window. I will be traveling with 2 people who don’t have AP’s.

I must say I love having that thing in my wallet!

1 Like
  1. Yes. For 10 days, maybe more but not 100% certain. How close together are your trips?

But if you also have offsite stays, this messes things up.

1. Yes. Memory Maker is included.

2. You need to activate your AP at GS either at a park or at DS. Take ID with you, plus any proof of residence if you’re getting some kind of deal, or DVC membership card if appropriate.

Thanks! My first trip we will be at Pop for 4 days in early October; the second one will be 3 days plus MNSSHP, staying at the Beach Club 2 weeks later. I’m hoping since both are on property that I can make FP+. Also I’m traveling with people who don’t have AP’s so it would be a giant bummer if they got FP+ and I didn’t!!!

Will I still have to activate my AP if I already used it at Disneyland?

Pass on the activation thing. Probably not. Sorry, missed that bit!

1 Like

You should not. However, there’s always the possibility that it will have troubles linking to MDE - in which case you’ll probably need to make a phone call.