First post and need HS arrival advice for Oct. 19th

Hi all!

First time posting here so forgive me if this has already been covered but I didn’t see anything while searching.

I have a trip coming up Oct. 19-23 and will be going to HS on the 19th, the day I arrive. I’ll be getting to the resort between 7:00 and 8:00 AM and am trying to figure out the best way to get to the park.

I’ll be staying at Pop Century so I’ll have access to the Skyliner, I will have my car and there is also the bus. Which option would be the best to make sure I have a shot at at RotR boarding group and also, what time should I attempt to get to the park? Should I skip going to the resort first and just head over to HS? I usually never drive so I don’t know what to expect if I have to drive to the park.

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.

Thanks in advance everyone!

3 Likes

If you want to guarantee getting into the park before 10:00 to obtain a boarding group, I’d drive, for sure. You should arrive around 9:15-ish.

Skyliner is iffy. Line grows long early on. It took us 56 minutes from the time we got in line at Pop until we arrived at HS Skyliner station. Fortunately, we drove our first HS day, so we managed ROTR no problem. We wouldn’t have made it for ROTR on our second HS day.

Bus doesn’t run from Pop to HS if the Skyliner is running. So that isn’t likely an option.

4 Likes

Welcome! I see some folks are already replying. They’ve been recently so I’ll let them speak to your question.

Hope you’ll stick around and hang with us crazies!

2 Likes

I would drive. We stayed at Riviera on a recent trip and the Skyliner line to HS was so long–we were worried we wouldn’t make it to get a BG (we did but it was stressful). The other two days we went to HS we drove and it was much better.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying @ryan1, @OBNurseNH and @Dreamer!

Sounds like driving will be the way to go :+1: and when you say arrive around 9:15-ish are you saying park by that time or be ready to get into the park at that time?

1 Like

We were let through the parking booths around 9:10. We arrived around 9 and there was a line, but it moved quickly.

1 Like

Arriving to the gates to the lot by about 9:15. That should give you plenty of time to walk and get through security and temperature scans. We were in the park and standing by Tower of Terror by 9:50.

3 Likes

Perfect!

Thanks again for all of the info @Dreamer and @ryan1, it’s definitely going to help with my planning.

Stay safe and have a good one! :smiley:

1 Like

@DumboRunner is at HS today and said they started letting cars in at 9:03.

3 Likes