First or second week in November?

Hello this it’s my first post … newbie alert! My husband and I are planning a WDW trip for Nov 2020. I’m finding out the planning for Disney is no joke! We are flexible on the dates but we’re thinking either Nov 1- 6 or Nov 8 -13. The first week is during jersey week and the second week includes Veterans Day. That’s decision number one and any help is very appreciated! The next decision is where to stay. We want to rent DVC points for a studio and have narrowed that down to AKL or BWV. Verrry torn on this decision. We like BWV for close park proximity but AKL looks so nice and it’s about $100 cheaper (assuming we can get it that is). I think I’ve looked and read so much, I’m just confusing myself and I just need to decide! I would love to hear anything you lovely folks think on which week may be best and which location.

I don’t have experience with the second week but we were there 11/1-11/9 this year and crowds were moderate and super manageable. I was warned about Jersey Week but didn’t notice any uptick in crowds at the end of our stay when Jersey Week started.

2 Likes

I was there until 5 Nov. If it was Jersey week, I didn’t notice. Agree with @bmscott

I’ve never stayed either. BUT I have stayed BC and I will tell ya, being walking distance to Epcot is priceless. If I were having an adult only stay, I would definitely choose Epcot area hotels again, AND spring for Park Hopper passes.

I’d probably avoid Veteran’s Day. I hear it’s very crowded. Never been that week, so no first hand experience.

Good luck!

2 Likes

The first week was great the time I went then. I’d avoid Veteran’s Day.

1 Like

Thanks all. First week it is! I think for the hotel I will do BWV as my first choice and AKL as my second choice and be happy with whatever works out!

1 Like

That’s the spirit! Good luck!

1 Like

AKL is great and very cool, but with Beach Club you can wall to both Epcot and DHS. I would much prefer Beach Club for that reason.

1 Like

We were there from 11/11 to 11/21. The crowds were exceptionally manageable. From a crowd standpoint I’d do it again in a minute.

Check travelinghomeschoolers.com for tickets if you are going the second week…

Are you going again next year? We’re waiting for registration to open to make sure our 3 year old (who will be 4) is old enough for us to be eligible. Did you have to give any proof of homeschool? We are certainly educating him at home but not under a formal homeschool structure yet.

1 Like

I wish i could go next year. It’s now a 6-day PH for $399 and that includes the education and party.

I don’t think you’d have any trouble going, unless maybe they fill up??? I don’t think that could happen though.

This year they only had one year educational activity that a 4 year old could do. So that’s my main concern.

(Sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread)

Just heads up The rundisney Wine and Dine marathon weekend is Nov 5-8. A lot of DVCs are already getting eaten up for that weekend. So if you want something I’d put my bid in soon!

1 Like

We went nov1-6 last year. Crowds were great it was during wine and dine run event. I would just plan park days carefully, but crowds were great.

1 Like