First Family Trip Report 1/1-1/9

It was nice taking a break at the hotel and all 5 of us feel asleep at some point. It sounded like it was raining pretty hard outside while we were sleeping but to be honest I have no clue because I did not care how much it rained while we were sleeping/resting. DD6 and I got up and headed down to grab something to eat and do some laundry around 2:30. We headed back up to the room at about 3:30 and the other 3 were up and getting baths. We finished getting ready and left to head back to HS at 4:05. Jumped on the Skyliner and were in the park by 4:40. That gave us enough time to head over and use FP for TSM. All the kids loved the ride. DD4 and I headed over to use our SDD RS real quick and we were done with those two things in hardly any time. I had grabbed a FP for Frozen even though I did not really need it so we but that next at 5:30 show I think.

Once we tapped in to Frozen I checked and was able to grab a FP for DW for RNRC because she really wanted to ride that at 7:00. After Frozen DW headed to do the RS for RISE. The kids and I went for pretzels. While the kids ate pretzels we walked around Star Wars at night which was nicer in my opinion than the day. DW got off the ride and I had just put in a mobile order for Backlot for a burger for her (and a beer) and some chicken tenders for the kids. Trying to use up those kids QS credits is a challenge so anytime they want to eat I am ordering.

We then headed over so DW could do RNRC and then head to Fantasmic. Well I did all this research but I should have shared more with my DW. She used her FP and went on the ride but then someone on the ride told her she could use the single rider line. Well she got off the ride an hour later. So we skipped Fantasmic because it was now 5 minutes before it started. The silver lining is while I was waiting and entertaining the kids i had picked up another TSM for 8:45. So we decided to hit some shops and let them buy things to pass the time. DD6 got her face painted and DD4 and DD3 pick out some stuffed animals. We are really trying to not say no on the trip but that was expense ha.

So the final stretch of the night we went and used the FP for TSM and then quickly headed for the exit. We were able to see a little bit of Jingle Bell Jingle Jam in the park and then the finale while riding the Skyliner. We got back to pop and went to the food court to grab some dessert/snacks. Using up all these snack credits is harder than getting FPs for us at this point. So off to bed tonight and headed to MK in the morning for a PPO BOG.

8 Likes

The kids have been really good about getting ready and telling us when they need a break or food. However I do not think they understand the lines other people are waiting in because to be honest besides my wife waiting in RNRC because of bad advice from someone on the ride nobody has waited more than 15-20 minutes and that was for Olaf and then the Anna and Elsa meet and greet. The rides have all been FP or RD. So they have been spoiled by all the liner information everyone has thrown out and some luck

9 Likes

Your girls have been such troopers!! And such cuties!! Happy birthday to DD3! :tada:

1 Like

Day 5 Magic Kingdom 1/5 Morning

Had some trouble getting two of the kids up and ready at 6:30. We were trying to make sure we were at the bus by 7:00 at the latest. We made that and as we walked up the bus pulled up so that must be a sign that it was going to be a good day. Arrived at the park and checked in for BOG breakfast. We were held for about 10 minutes and then were release at 7:45 on to Main Street. We took this time to get some pictures in the park with out memory maker. Then we headed to BOG at 8. We ordered ahead and have the dining plan but the CM said we would have to pay because the new dining system was not working properly. So that is now twice on this trip I have had trouble with this. They were explaining the same thing to other families also. Breakfast was ok. Kids got French toast and DW had the Feast a la Gaston.

We were out of BOG by 8:40 and were about 30 people back in 7DMT. They let us go before 9:00 park opening and I asked for a RS for DW and they just told her to step aside and wait for me to come out. DD4 and I went on the ride and were on the second car. Then we came off and DD6 and DW went on it. I know the kids both could have went but they will not ride together with an adult behind them. While they did that DD4, DD3, and I headed for Carousel and rode on Cinderella don Prince Charming’s horses (thanks for the info liners). We were on that when they finally release the crowd. DW called and I told her do 7DMT again if she hurried because the crowd was coming fast. They rode 7DMT another time and DD4, DD3, and I headed for Dumbo. After they finished 7DMT they did carousel and then we met up at Pooh. Pooh was a quick 5 minute wait. By this time it was probably 8:25 when we finished it. We jumped on IASW and of course the kids loved it. Then we used our 1st FP at Peter Pan.

After Peter Pan we jumped over and ran into Gaston setting up and we figured we might as well meet him since there was only 1 family ahead of us. Then we were in UTS. At this point we finally grabbed our stroller that had been parked since before breakfast. We had split FPs for Tiana/Rapunzel and SM for 10 and now DD6 was upset she would not get to see Tina so we all went to meet Tiana. The kids loved her which surprised me because they have not really seen that movie. Then we all headed to SM so DW and DD6 could ride. I got a RS and the CM scolded me about everyone needing a FP in the future if they wanted a RS. Yeah yeah whatever. Ha. I tried to get the kids to go with me and use up some snack credits but they were not hungry.

After they got off SM we headed back to 7DMT for our 11:25 FP. I rode with DD6 and then DW rode with DD4. Picked up a Dumbo FP because I felt bad for DD3. We rode Dumbo and headed out of the park and were back at POP by 12:30. That was a packed morning. We needed to take naps and rest because we had dinner at artist point at 5:45.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Day 5 Magic Kingdom Evening

Everyone took a nap except DD4 who watched a tablet and did not fall asleep but the rest of us sure did. We got up and out of the hotel at 4 to catch a bus to MK. Then we took a boat to Wilderness Lodge for a dinner at Artist Point with Snow White. I thought a boat ride might be something different for the kids. So I have to say that this meal is for sure my favorite so far. All of the characters were great and the food and food presentation were perfect. I ordered the pork shank and DW got prime rib. I cleared my plate and ate almost all the appetizers by myself. Surprising the kids even ate a good amount of their meal. The queen was by far my favorite and was really fun to hear her be so rude which everyone gets a chuckle out of her comments. After dinner we headed back to MK by boat.

We arrived back at MK and through the gates at 7:30 and figured we would set up shop someone for fireworks. We went near the bridge to Tomorrowland and had a pretty good look at the show. I told my DW to run over and use the RS at SM while we waited. She made it back right as the show started. We all thought the show was amazing and kids did not take their eyes off of it.

Show ended and we ducked in Tomorrowland to avoid the crowds. I told DW and DD6 to head to Splash and I would take DD4 and DD3 on Dumbo again. This is their favorite ride at this point. We finished Dumbo and we headed to MC which they also love. Then I headed for splash to meet them so I could jump on it. Since it is closing for 2 months this was the last chance to ride it. Well parked closes at 9 and it was 8:59 I talked to a CM and they told me to go wait by the pictures in the exit and tell CM near exit that I was using RS. So I went up that way and ran into DW and DD6. DW took the kids and I went up through the exit and next CM said they could get me on. Well as it turns out the person to ride splash last before the 2 month shut down was me. Ha. We then met up and headed out of the park. We did stop on main st for a couple photos and the kiss goodnight. I don’t know how we could have packed more into one day with little kids. Everyone is sleeping now and tomorrow they get a chance to sleep in a little longer because we are headed to AK and it will probably only be a couple hours in the park also.

13 Likes

11 Likes

12 Likes

Day 6 Animal Kingdom 1/6

So today we decided to miss RD and just try to get to the park before our first FP expires at 10. We made it in the park at 9:30 and DW stopped at the Starbucks and I headed for KS and grabbed 2 sausage and egg biscuits, 3 pretzels, and a bottle of water because DD3 backwashed in one already this morning. Ha all using up some snack credits. We jumped on KS right before 10 and we loved the ride. One of the couples on the ride said that was the most animals that they have seen on that ride before. After exited we spotted a photopass photographer and he took some pictures with gorillas right behind us.

Now we headed over to Pandora and they would not let us go back down the back path and said that was an exit only and to enter from discovery island. So we headed that way and DW and DD6 used the FP while I got a RS for later. I took DD4 and DD3 around Pandora and then I looked at my phone and realized it did not clear my FP and DD4s. I had time so I stopped at guest services and at first they told me it was not a problem and would not mess anything else up. I told him I just wanted to make sure because I was planning on grabbing some 4th and 5th FPs. He asked what I was going to try to get next and I said Navi or EE. So he said how about I give you Navi FPs and then you can still get EE maybe. I was shocked because I was not asking for anything. I just wanted the FPs to clear so that it did not mess up anything.

DW and DD6 just finished at the same time I did and we headed for our 3rd FP at Character Outpost. I knew that today there was not a ton to do for the youngest two so I made this the FP and it was the closest and easiest coming from Pandora. While waiting I was able to grab EE for 5:00. We met Mickey and Minnie together which they said is the only place to do that at DW. Kids were starting to struggle a little even with the later start.

I mobile ordered Flame Tree BBQ while in line and it was ready so we grabbed that and sat down easily. Finding a seat near lunch seems like one of the hardest things to do sometimes. I went back up because they forgot a kids soda. Then when I got back I realized they forgot a kids milk too but I was not going back up because we had other drinks to share. Then DD4 dropped her hot dog so I picked that up and walked back to mobile order window. They gave me a new one free of charge. The food was good I got the ribs, chicken, and pork and it would have fed 2 people easily. DW had a beer for lunch. Ha.

It was noon now and we knew we needed to make a quick exit from the park because kids were getting tired. I walked with everyone to the Maha Jungle Trek. They were going to walk that while I went and did FOP. DD6 did not want to use her RS so I went solo. The FP line took me all the way to the merge with no wait. It was actually kind of funny because the person behind me asked if I had a FP and how long I waited. I said uh I walked to right here and stopped. They had been waiting 4 hours. I have to say the whole ride experience was pretty cool and even though I got a little motion sickness I would do it again. With a FP I would never wait that long for a ride.

I was off to meet up with the family and they beat me to the gate by about 2 minutes. We jumped on the bus and were back to the hotel just after 1:00. On the bus we decided to call it a day because everyone was pretty tired and needed to recharge. DW enjoys the thrill rides more so I told her she could go back tonight solo and do EE, Navi, and use DD6s RS at FOP.

We all laid down and napped at the hotel. DD4 and DD3 were the first up with me at 3:30We went and explored Pop and took a Skyliner ride. We made it back to the room close to 5:30 and the other two were just waking up. DW said she felt bad not using those FPs. I told her I was able to move the EE to 6 so she just had to be there by 7. She was not feeling the greatest so she said she would rather have some family time around the resort. We threw on swimsuits and DD4, DD3, and I went swimming while the other two watched from outside the pool. It was really cold but these two really wanted to swim. We swam for almost a half hour and it was really cold if you got out of the water. Finally convinced them to get out and we jetted for the room for a hot bath. They threw pajamas on and we headed for the food court.

DW was still not feeling great so she got a cup of soup and fries. Still trying to use up snack credits anytime we can. Everyone ate ok and we headed back up to the room for the night. We also decided earlier in the day that BOG PPO was not a great idea tomorrow and to start the day in the afternoon. So I am still in the process of trying to move our 7DMT and BTMR FPs to later in the day. Hopefully a later start tomorrow will give everyone enough of a recharge to handle the last 3 days.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Great photos!

1 Like

Alright, gonna need to know where your DW gets the shirts. I’m trying to find a Doc shirt for my (Dr.) hubby (even though maybe grumpy is more appropriate LOL) and even the ones on etsy are blehhhhh

1 Like

Day 7 Magic Kingdom 1/7

So after taking the afternoon off on 1/6 my DW either had food poisoning or a 24 hour bug. She was sick most of the night and I was moving all FPs back as late as I could for the afternoon in case she felt better.

I was able to move FPs back and DW felt good enough to make it to the park. We had CRT at 4:35 and I was able to get 7DMT moved back for a 3 FP. We entered the park just before 4:00 and headed straight for 7DMT. We RS and rode twice and then headed to dinner.

CRT meet and greet before dinner was really nice there was no one behind us so we got a little more time with her. Then we headed upstairs and the kids really enjoyed the look of the castle. We ordered food and then we had all the princesses hit our table before we even got our appetizer. I did not really like that because it feels so rushed that way. DW got the roasted chicken and ate a little but was still not feeling great. I got prime rib and it was ok. Overall the meal was ok and to be honest this is a one and done for us because the setting was great but nothing else seemed special.

We left dinner and headed for BTMR and RS that with only DD3 sitting out because of height. DD4 loved this ride. After this we had split FPs with DD6 and I having HM and DW and DD4 going to MC. We got a RS 1st and DW, DD4, and DD3 rushed to MC. We then met back up a couple of minutes before the 8 close. DW and DD6 went on HM and I asked the little what was the last ride they wanted to do. Of course it was Dumbo with 8 minutes to get to. Ha. We rushed across the park and got on Dumbo with time to spare. Then they let us stay on for the final flight of the night and we were able to watch some fireworks during the ride which was cool.

I called DW and we decided to meet and bus and make separate exits from the park since we were not really close and wanted to get out before the fireworks show was over. We made it out and back to the resort pretty quickly. Overall it was a good day with the short time we were at the park.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Day 8 Hollywood Studios 1/8

We had so much success with RD at HS earlier this week so we did it again today. We arrived at the park at about 6:30 for the 7 opening. There were way less people in the park than 4 days earlier. We got BG 11 so hitting my status right at 7:00 must be the way to go. Then people started moving and we headed straight for TSM. We were probably only 50-75 people back in the line to start. Of course as we get in line DD3 has to go potty. This is the worst line to have to get out of because the walk to get out is really long. I took her and the family waited in line. We managed to make it back as they were still holding them at the merge of SB and FP. There were so many people using their FP right at 7:00. Then we got up to be the next loaded and DD4 had to potty. You really can’t make this stuff up. So I told the others to go and I talked to a CM that said to just come back through the exit. We went the bathroom and took that long walk again. We got back on the ride and DW, DD6, and DD3 waited for Woody and Bo.

When we got off the ride we met up with them and waited 20 or more minutes for Woody and Bo but to be honest this was shorter than this line looked the whole rest of the day. Then we headed for breakfast/snacks at a stand. We grabbed pretzels, French toast pretzels, cinnamon rolls and drinks. After sitting and enjoying them we tapped into ST and walked away. Now DW and DD6 went on RISE. DD6 thought it was cool but did not want to do it again with RS. When they finished with that we went to SDD with our 2nd FP. I went 1st with DD4 and then when my wife went with DD4 I got in line with the kids to meet Buzz. We waited less than 10 minutes for this. Also while waiting I moved up 3rd FP to Disney JR Dance Party and we headed there because the kids love the Disney Jr stuff. So we had burned all the FPs at 10.

Kids were hungry again so I mobile ordered from ABC. Got the food and then settled and I headed to RISE really quick. Well I got in line and was almost in the first room and they stopped the ride. After about 15 minutes they handed us water, popcorn, and bananas. I was taking to DW and we had a FP for ASS but when I told her to ride it without me they would not let her because of kids ages. So I left the line and they gave me a multiple experience FP that was good for anything including both Star Wars rides. I met up with them just in time for FP and while in line I grabbed a FP for DW and DD6 to do TOT. So when the ride finished they headed there.

So DD4 and DD3 really loves ASS and I felt like DD3 was being great about missing so many rides because of height so I figured I would see how good of a job I could do with grabbing and modifying. Well we rode the ride a tota of 4 times without waiting more than 5 minutes each time. The CM at the entrance even gave the kids a physical RS ticket just in case I could not keep getting FPs like I was. After the 4th ride we headed to meet up with DW and DD6 near ToT. We found a spot to sit and we got ice cream from Hollywood Scoops. While we were enjoying ice cream I grabbed a FP for DW to go to RNRC while we finished the ice cream. She went on that as quick as she could but that ride even with a FP seems to take a lot of time.

So now it was around 2 and the kids were still doing great but we decided to bail and go rest. We jumped on the Skyliner and headed back to POP. The Skyliner is amazing with little kids. We were back at our room in what seemed like 15 minutes. We also stayed in building 5 really close to the Skyliner so it was amazing. We got the kids down and I headed back to the parks to mark some things off solo.

I headed for RISE and of course the ride was down again. So I went over to meet Sully and Mike because the kids have autograph pages and wanted me to check that off. They had a pretty steady wait of 15 minutes or more all day and that is about what I waited. After that I grabbed a Mickey bar and headed back to RISE because it was back up. I rode and the 2nd time was much different because I was able to pay more attention to details. Again not a Star Wars person and I loved it. After the ride I headed over to meet Chewbacca, again for the kids.

After meeting Chewy kids were starting to stir so I jumped on the Skyliner. DW was almost done getting them ready and we headed back to the park. It was 630and the park closed at 8 so we had SDD FPs for DW and DD4 that I picked up at the drops and DD6, DD3, and I went on TSM with a FP. I had a mobile order ready and DW was going to grab that on our way to Fantasmic because I knew SDD would be a quicker ride. We did the H&V package and skipped the show that night but a CM told me the ticket would be good for 5 days. I did not totally trust that so on my walk over I grabbed FPs for all of us just in case. Well they did take the package tickets and we had seats right near the middle. The show was a little scary for the kids at time but they enjoyed it. On the way out of the park we stopped in a shop and bought some Christmas ornaments which was a must do and since we were leaving the next day it was nice to check off the list.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Oh I forgot me met Chip and Dale on the way out of the park before the kids napped and DD3 passed out while in line. Chip and Dale had some fun with it. Ha

4 Likes

Day 9 Epcot and Final Day 1/9

I told the kids that the final day we would do whatever park they wanted and to my surprise they picked Epcot. So I moved all the FPs from MK to Epcot. I was able to get a 12:30 FEA so I figured if anything else that would make the kids happy. The final morning we had the Bon Voyage breakfast with Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn at 9:30. We jumped on the Skyliner to the boardwalk and were there pretty quickly (25 minutes or so). The food and the character interactions were great. Nothing was rushed unlike other character meals and the characters actually interact with each other. I would for sure do this meal again.

We headed back to the hotel so we could check out by noon. We packed up at the hotel and dropped luggage off at luggage and headed to Epcot. Again we rode the Skyliner and I can’t say it enough times how nice this is. The buses are just so cramped and the Skyliner was almost always just my family. We arrived at Epcot at 12:15 and headed for Norway. The kids really wanted to meet Mulan and she was on a break so we continued to FEA and rode that right at the end of our FP window. After FEA we went back for Mulan and waited a couple of minutes. It was in a nice spot in the shade because it was much hotter than the day before. While waiting I mobile ordered from Electric Umbrella. Since it is the only place to mobile order at Epcot it was my choice. I was only going to mobile order in Parks on this trip which saved so much time. The cheese flatbread was a hit with everyone too.

Then we headed for future world to use up tier 2 FPs. We got to Nemo about 30 minutes late and the CM said you are 3 hours late. I said no that is not right. I showed her my phone and then she told us to tap again and now it showed 30 minutes. I told her it was fine we would go SB with the 10 minute wait I just wanted the FPs used so I could start getting 4th and 5th FPs. She cleared them all and we went on. Then we tapped Crush and kids took a bathroom break while I looked for FPs at 3:31 drop. I grabbed a Soarin and DW and DD4 went on that. The rest of us headed to meet a Ralph and Venelope. Venelope took a long break so we waited for her to come back. DW got a little lost on her way over so we did it without them and then met up. DD4 really wanted to meet them so we went back to do it again. They were great with the kids this time and I felt like we got 5 minutes of character time.

So I had also picked up Test Track a FPs for everyone while waiting and we headed over there and wanted to meet Daisy too but she was gone already. We grabbed some snacks to use up almost all of our credits. At this point I told DW we should just skip TT and head out so we did not miss the bus to the airport. We walked out and stopped to meet Pooh. That was weird because there was no photo pass photographer. Then we jumped on the Skyliner for the last time. We had about 30 minutes when we got back to POP and grabbed some food and then headed out for the bus. No tears no fighting so I was proud of the kids because I was sad that it was over but also ready to go back to reality.

9 Likes

5 Likes

11 Likes