First Disney Trip with Young Children!

You’re quite welcome!

As for the time it took me, time flies when you’re having fun! And for me, sharing the knowledge I’ve gleaned on our many trips as a family is certainly in my definition of fun!

I have seen people say positive things about Karmel Shuttle on DL chat.

I call @lolabear_la the Yoda of Disneyland! She is an amazing wealth of knowledge.

1 Like

This is an awesome list and extremely helpful descriptions! Thank you @lolabear_la!

1 Like

Haven’t read through all the other responses…but as a multi-year AP Holder At DL, we’ve seen and done it all for the most part. Here are my two cents:

1. They can ride more than they can’t. You won’t be at a loss for things to do. Plus rider swap is awesome.

2. YES. And No. We LOVE the DL hotel. It’s not as expensive as GC, but more expensive than PP. Usually we stay at DLH or PP when we have something to celebrate. $600ish a night is nothing to sneeze at. We have stayed all over Harbor Blvd and have never had a bad experience at any of the hotels. We’ve stayed at the Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden In, Super 8…but our favorite “routine” place was a hotel called the “Pepper Tree” - was about a 10 min drive west, but it was cheap, clean, and had kitchens. I would suggest booking a Good Neighbor hotel within walking distance to the gate. Allows for mid day breaks, and a break on your wallet. But man, if your budget allows for DLH…go for it…and make sure to schedule. Little magic in your guest room for when you arrive! AND have a drink at Trader Sams for me!

3. 2 days DL, 1 day DCA. 0 days dedicated to Disney Springs. It’s all torn up (apparently for no good reason now) and literally is just an outdoor mall. It’s good to go grab last minute gifts from WOD or getting dinner at Catal…but other than that… it isn’t worth allocating precious vacation time to.

HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!

1 Like

wow, that is an amazing list lolabear_la. We are also contemplating a trip next summer and I love your commentary and tips. One small question on a tidbit that you mentioned about the play area at the end of Tarzan’s treehouse. Can you get to it without going through the tree house? That sounds totally perfect for my daughter who’s too small for Indiana Jones, but I think we’d all like to walk through the treehouse together.

Yes you can access the play area by going up the exit. You can get to the exit by going past Indy and taking a left (if you walking towards New Orleans Square) at the next staircase/pathway on the same side as Indy. If you’ve get to the bridge passing Pirates, you’ve gone too far.

thanks!

1 Like