Fireworks!

Sorry if already posted. Per blogmickey.com looks like a strong rumor that fireworks will return to MK and Epcot in early July! I think this is a timeline we all speculated was likely, but nice to see. Lets hope Epcot goes straight to Harmonious and doesn’t bring back EF.

7 Likes

OMG PLEASE BE THERE FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Where is my genie???

10 Likes

It looks like they may be starting July 1st. The Parade Audience Control teams have been fully staffed for the 1st onwards.

Also worth noting the fireworks on July 4th will be pretty much the same as every other night.

If anyone is wanting to park hop those first few days you’ll need to be there early. I expect capacity will be reached. Of course everyone else will have the same idea.

11 Likes

Any chance they’ll bring back dessert parties right away?

2 Likes

Mickey Blog is reporting

As well as WDWNT

4 Likes

Do you guys EVEN know how excited I am?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!??!

19 Likes

This is amazing!!

1 Like

I might have squealed when I read that!

2 Likes

Literally my first thought when I read the rumor was “ooooh… I wonder if @OBNurseNH knows yet!”. My second thought was “whoa, don’t be creepy, way to stalk strangers on the internet”.

12 Likes

We’re all family here.

7 Likes

I think they’ll take it step by step.

See how the crowds are and get procedures working first, before staffing desert parties too. There’s a lot of returning but also new CMs including the CP kids.

2 Likes

Fireworks Desert parties need three things: Fireworks, food and workers. There have been and continue to be supply issues with all three. WDW might wait till at least two of the three are stable.

1 Like

This is very exciting, but I am bracing myself for all the things happening 4 days after I leave :cry:

2 Likes

Yay fireworks!

Disney has also filed a permit for work on the Fantasmic! performance island so maybe that will be coming back relatively soon as well.

6 Likes

They were testing fireworks at HS on Memorial Day. View from Epcot near France. July 4 seems promising!

4 Likes

Would bringing back fireworks likely lead to longer park hours at those parks and later closing times ?

3 Likes

I hope!

2 Likes

From what I can gather, Fantasmic will be back by October.

But initially they need all the available buses to get guests back to their resorts from MK and Epcot. Therefore DHS will probably continue to close at around 8pm. MK will likely have hours extended to 10pm through the summer, as it is currently (I think).

Also why the Epcot monorail is being tested, ready to start running when fireworks start at both parks. Whether they debut on the same night or not is not clear yet.

The timing of MK and Epcot could be staggered by 30 mins or so, just to give a little extra gap between the two parks.

So the decision to delay Fantasmic is more of a transportation issue.

Anyway, the fact that many sites are now reporting this means an announcement should be soon.

6 Likes

This makes a lot of sense about transportation holding back Fantasmic. DHS could really use Fantasmic to eat people, but I know finding bus drivers is a big issue right now.

1 Like

More fireworks testing at EPCOT tonight!

https://twitter.com/brookegmcdonald/status/1403216441189539840?s=21

5 Likes