Fireworks Viewing

We are headed to Disney World in just over a week and I’m looking for suggestions of where to watch at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

Ideally, it would be a mix of not overly crowded vs. view.

Also, is possible to watch from the train station?

I have heard that if you kind of hang around near the bottom of the stairs and look a little sheepish and shuffle your feet a bit they will eventually invite you up. (where the heck did I JUST hear that in the last few days???)

4 Likes

whoa, that would be the perfect place to watch too w/ all the mainstreet projections. I just know they are going to turn that area (train station) into a paid viewing event thingy :unamused:

That was always a great, low crowd area to view from before the pandemic

1 Like

and it would be closer to the exit for a quick get away :wink:

2 Likes

I guess that’s true too. We always hung around and waited for the crowd to dissipate and then carried on with our evening in the park.

2 Likes

I’ll to keep an eye out for this, that would be perfect.

1 Like

This is where we watched Harmonious:

(See thin red circle across from Norway)
Even though we were not front-row we had a great view and could see two of the tacos well, and we arrived there only about 15 minutes before showtime.

For MK fireworks just go the the hub and find some empty space about 45 minutes before the show. We had good luck with this twice.

2 Likes

This will fill right up though as the showtime approaches and then not meet the OP request for ideally not overly crowded. Otherwise 100% agree it’s possible to get a “last minute” spot in the hub almost any time

1 Like

If not crowded is the primary criterion the only answer is to watch fireworks away from the hub, which means missing the projections. Unless of course one can manage to get up on the platform. The entire hub is wall to wall for fireworks. We actually ended up in the MK “sacred space” just before our Boo Bash (and thought of you…thanks for the idea!) while eating our Sleepy Hollow dinner which was lovely for not being crowded, so I’d highly recommend that! Being on that side of the hub, we headed to Splash just before the show ended and walked on there.

1 Like

Yes, except for the areas right in front of Casey’s/Crystal Palace which get a little bit of elbow room. Those are decent and we have enjoyed those as well for up close

MKSacredSpaces ™ are great for the overall show and actual but not for the projections. In terms of space it can’t be beat!

3 Likes

I really need to fully read before I respond…
Actually my point was that you need to go 45 or at least 30 minutes early right now, I’m usually a last-minute-spot looker but the last couple of times I’ve been since fireworks restarted the hub has been INSANE.

It’s like HM though - there might be 999 but there’s room for 1000. Squeeze in :smiley:

5 Likes

That was my thought in August, and we did…and had to ignore the nasty looks/comments from our newfound neighbors :rofl:. But it is possible.

1 Like

I appreciate all the tips and insights thus far!

In my recent Epcot trip, I had a last minute dinner at Spice Road. I couldn’t see the high fireworks, so I stood outside the restaurant after quickly paying my bill.

I put an arrow about where I was. Across from spice road was a table and chairs area where people were relaxing before the show. It was very uncrowded and I made a mental note to share that with all of y’all. It’s circled in the map.

1 Like

FYI the tree is up in MK now so you cannot see the castle from the train station anymore. That was my plan for enchantment, but not anymore.

3 Likes

As a teen I worked at the nearby MLB stadium. One time as I was leaving I heard booming noises and I realized that fireworks were going off. I pulled over and they were directly overhead. So much so, that after that I kept an old blanket in my car. If I saw something fall, I’d hold it overhead to deflect the pottery. Pottery did land nearby. I did that several times, and I learned to really prefer to be as close as possible to the fireworks.

So, I was thinking we might watch this twice (10-park days). Once from as close to the fireworks as possible, and once where we have a good view of the projections.

Where would you recommend?

1 Like

Good point, I never would have thought of that until I got there.

2 Likes

Oh right! :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes